Stir Fry Saucy Things

antibarbie

I bought some stuff to make stir fry not knowing exactly how I was going to go about it. I figure I'll assess my vegetables on hand and throw some stuff in a pan and hope for the best, but I still need something sauce-wise. Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes for sauce, or store bought if there's anything worth a damn?

In a rush, I use Newman's Own Balsamic & Vinegarette dressing. It's very good. I also make a good sauce with orange juice concentrate (don't dilute with water!) & soy sauce -- probably about 1/4 cup soy sauce mixed with a tablespoon or so of the oj concentrate.

BTW, if you add rice, chill it first. That one trick has made the biggest difference in my stir fry!

Trader Joe's has this train green Thai Curry sauce...just fry some tofu and pour it in with whatever other veggies you want...I use Bok Choy and Onions

I'll mix peanut butter, soy sauce (I actually use Bragg's Liquid Aminos), and some Thai chili paste or other chili powder into stir fry mixes, or similar. I highly recommend it, or some variation thereof to taste!

Also, for a cheesy flavor to things, I'll add nutritional yeast flakes, vegan parm, and some unflavored protein powder (I like Naturade's Soy Free Veg Protein Booster) to mixtures. This works well if the mixture already has a watery/brothy base and creates a creamy-ish, "cheesy" sauce.

I'll mix peanut butter, soy sauce (I actually use Bragg's Liquid Aminos), and some Thai chili paste or other chili powder into stir fry mixes, or similar. I highly recommend it, or some variation thereof to taste!

I do the same thing. Super delicious!

• 1 month later...

mix miso paste, tamari, and agave nectar... add water until it's the conistency you want... add chili paste or sayenne powder if you like it spicy.... add sake or mirin if you like a different flavor....

you can also toss in some tahini for a different taste