Please help me.

Cellar Yeti

Background. I have Crohn's, I have had my entire colon removes along with part of my small intestine. In November my endocrine crashed, partly because of Crohn's but we found out later it was also because of dangerously low Vitamin A, D, most likely K, and many other amino and mineral deficiency. Earlier In January I ended up in the hospital with a total obstruction of my small intestine/ileum, I almost died. I lost over 15lbs over the next few weeks with an upper respiratory infection from the ng tube used to pump my stomach.

I was so weak I stayed in the house. I couldn't stomach my Vegan fare and all my research and talking to my doctor and research lead me to believe my diet plus my medical ailments played a part in this disaster. Low bile salts lead to even poorer realization of Vitamin A and the former two lead to low vitamin d and K. The former three lead to low zinc, magnesium, and b12.

I started eating pastured eggs and butter, along with cheese and fish. I was so weak there is no way I could stomach my normal Vegan fare. I was literally on the brink of dying. I resisted eating actual terrestrial animals but I was eating so little and losing so much weight I finally reached danger zone for my weight . So I finally relented.

I have a hole in my heart. I feel dead. Veganism gave me an anchor to hold onto when I wanted to die. But the dietary aspect has nearly killed me.

You are some of the most compassionate grounded people I know and I need your advice.

If I go back to Veganism I will end up in the same boat. My medical condition prevents me from realizing nutrients in alot of vegetable products, I cannot eat grains, legumes, beans pulses or soy anymore which takes most of my food choices as a Vegan out. I may be able to get by with a fish oil eggs and butter, but I don't think i could ever eat a Vegan diet again and not die with my lack of food choices.

What do I do? I need your help. If I go back to eating Vegan I could die, if I eat meat for much longer.... I swear I may kill myself. I am not kidding. I can choke down meat but I can feel the misery and suffering digesting inside me and I want to die.

Please help.

Yeti, you've always been a source of inspiration from when I first joined this forum and I have sooo much respect for you dude, especially with the medical conditions you have and just your overall attitude is amazing,

For the sake of yourself though and from what I've just read you can't go back to full on veganism, as passionate as you may feel it isn't worth your life mate, I believe I speak for everyone on this forum when I say I won't think any differently of you, no matter what choice you make.

All the best dude, we as a forum and a community are gonna be here to get you through this bud

Yeti, you've always been a source of inspiration from when I first joined this forum and I have sooo much respect for you dude, especially with the medical conditions you have and just your overall attitude is amazing,

For the sake of yourself though and from what I've just read you can't go back to full on veganism, as passionate as you may feel it isn't worth your life mate, I believe I speak for everyone on this forum when I say I won't think any differently of you, no matter what choice you make.

All the best dude, we as a forum and a community are gonna be here to get you through this bud

i couldnt put it better than Ross has, you are indeed a massive inspiration and a true warrior mate, you need to do whatever you need to, to stay alive/and healthy, be sure to continue posting here too mate regardless of what you end up having to eat! im sure someone with a fighting spirit like yours can find a solution to the problems you face just like you have in the past.

regards and good luck,

mike

• 2 weeks later...

You have Crohn's because you keep ingesting inflammatory foods.

1) Vegetable oils contain inflammatory compounds known as peroxides, lipid peroxides, and aldehydes.

2) Other foods containing the toxic frankensteined vegetable oils.

3) Gluten.

You can eat whatever you'd like however please don't throw the baby out with the bath water and not consume plants at all.

There is plenty of healthy anti-inflammatory plants and those that I love consuming are peas(Vitamin K), sunflower seeds (except those from Asia), non-rancid walnuts, tender leafy greens(Vitamin A/K/Minerals) without condiments and chewed very well, hemp seeds, steaming vegetables at the lowest temperature for extended amount of time and freshly squeezed carrot juice. The carrot juice is hands down the most anti-inflammatory food I've ever consumed.

I just hope that you're consuming animal products from non-abused animals.