i'm stupid

muchidna

So, yeah, for years i've complained about how plant proteins taste like ****, how they would make me want to gag/vomit with just water/soy milk

anyway, the other day, on a whim, i tried making one with a bunch of ice, and loads more liquid than i usually would, and less powder (just one scoop)

turns out, it's much more bearable this way

still not great tasting (probably not as good as whey protein), but it's much more bearable, the vanilla one i have, made this way tastes like a rice milk, or non-soy milk (almond/oat or something, not creamy)

i always made them super thick, and hated the taste, and was totally put off of it

although, with banana, you can easily get twice as much protein in, with less liquids and have it be quite nice

anyway, if you have trouble with the plant proteins, try adding more liquids, and making it super cold, seems to make a big difference for me, although it fills you more

i never used to be able to get the stuff down, yesterday i made a chocolate/oreo shake from the unflavored stuff i had, it was actually really enjoyable, like i wanted to drink it, rather than having a thick mess i couldn't keep down

also for anyone interested

approx 1.5 tbs cocoa powder, mixed with enough agave syrup to make it into a paste (or if you're using a powder sweetner, just make a paste with water or milk of choice)

added approximately 1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)

then approx 1 cup of chilled water (maybe 1.5 cup)

mixed the paste through the liquids with a plastic chopstick

added ice

added some rice milk powder ( i don't think this made a noticable impact, so dont worry about it )

transferred to shaker, added one scoop 50/50 rice/pea protein

shake the hell out of it

crush 2 oreos in hand or on a plate, and put into it, then mix it together

and enjoy

the result reminded me of like, sort of an iced beverage from a cafe or something

the oreos are a nice touch, but i don't think they make a huge difference, feel free to omitt