HI! Newbie from Oklahoma

Kora

Hi I'm Kora. I'm guess I'm a recovering meat eater, once upon time elite runner, cyclist and powerlifter. I'm currently working my way back up the ranks after an accident that left with a serious back injury and awesome case of acid re-flux that makes it hard on my body to digest meat, gluten, and dairy. I currently still have small amounts of all of those things in my diet. I'm finding it hard to adapt to some many diet changes at once, especially while trying to rehab my back and get back to full time training. It's a crazy balancing act I haven't mastered yet.

I've read all the diet books I thought would be useful, putting it into practice not as easy as I thought it would be.So I thought maybe if I logged a diet and training journal maybe I could get a little useful feed on my diet.

Hi Kora, welcome to the group here. Recovering meat eater, that's pretty funny. Take it easy, no need to make a million changes cold turkey all at once. Let your body adapt and ease into change.

Good luck and glad you joined us!

-Dylan

Hi Kora, welcome to the group here. Recovering meat eater, that's pretty funny. Take it easy, no need to make a million changes cold turkey all at once. Let your body adapt and ease into change.

Good luck and glad you joined us!

-Dylan

Hi Kora,

Welome to the forums! As C.O. said, theres no need to make all the changes at once. Each persons progression is different, often based on how youve made change in the past!

Jub

Thanks for the welcome guys. You know most of my life I've been athletic and disciplined. I thought when I started making these changes that it would be easy. LOL, I thought I have lots of discipline, I can do this no problem... It has just not been as easy as I excepted! There's definitely a mind set that has to come along with the dietary changes. That much I have figured out. And I started this for medical reasons, I have don't digest meat, gluten or dairy very well any more. So when I screw up I get like a kick in the butt reminder that I messed up! I'm learning quickly that the longer I stick with an eating plan my body likes, the stronger the repercussions when I eat something it doesn't like. But I'm figuring things out a little at a time.