Skinny Ken, new to bodybuilding

skinnyken

Hi all,

thrilling to be here.

About me:

male, 52 years, vegan for 2 years, 5'11 145 lbs.

Doing yoga and running 5 k a few times a week.

Now I've decided to try gaining some muscle mass so I can change name from skinny Ken to buff Ken.

chest 38"

thigh 19"

waist 30"

butt 35"

calf 13,5"

bicep relaxed 10,25"

bicep flexed 11,75"

I've seen some amazing progress on this forum and it has been very motivating. Gratefull for any advice.

If i dare I might add some before photos.

Hey whats up ken. From your physical description you sound like an ectomorph (just like me). How do you balance running that much with hypertrophy training? I know when I start running I loose lots of weight, and if I go into a calorie deficit i'll loose muscle quite easy.

Yoga is awesome, i'm trying to land a job atm with a yoga studio so i can get free yoga haha.

If you're new to bodybuilding try playing around the the cardio and see what happens to your body composition.

Best of luck:)

Thanks gex for your feedback.

Since I'm new to everything related to bodybuilding I wasn't aware that there is a mismatch between gaining muscles and running. Actually I don't think running 3-5 km a few times a week is very much. Real runners do a lot more.

But thanks for the advice, I will consider running less.

Regarding bodybuilding or powerlifting, my goal is just to gain muscle mass not to compete nor getting very strong. That might change over time, but right now just to get more muscle mass.

Cardio to me is counter productive when trying to gain weight, I just have to eat more to make up for those calories burnt. I wont even go swimming haha, but hey shoot me a message if you're interested and ill give you tips on getting big arms.