New Here and have question about Protein Sources

Lisi

Hello Everyone...My name is Lisi and I am newly exploring the Vegan lifestyle. I am a crossfit athlete and have a few questions about protein sources. I cannot have Soy or Gluten in my diet other than beans and protein powders what are some of the best protein sources? Also, while on a Vegan diet should we still have 1g Protein per pound of body fat? Since beans have carbs in them how do we count those carbs the same as regular complex carbs? Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning from everyone

Hi Lisi!

Lots of sources for protein from plants. Usual suspects are the dark leafy greens. Likewise, quinoa (a grain) is a great source, and GF so check it out! Personally for me, only protein powder I've every had is just basic pea protein powder, with a thought out meal plan getting 'enough' has never been an issue for me. Likewise, never really was a calorie counter, but since getting into some much more intense exercise, I did have to tweak my meals, not content so much but when I ate things during the day to ensure maintained energy through intense workouts.

Whole Atkins/Paleo marketing has put idea out there that carbs are bad. Quite the opposite. Highly processed, low nutrient dense carbs are just pointless fillers and the ones to avoid.

Probably LOTS of questions and some yet to think of. Lets know how to help!

784461441_ProteinSources.thumb.jpg.438748da3f0b27a22ae2d683a8b99297.jpg