Hi there

Cosimo

I am Cosimo from Italy, vegan at 95% (sometimes, once per month more or less, it happens that I eat some small pieces of cheese or pastries/cakes with cow's milk during dinners with friends). I have no vegan friends so for me it is hard to be 100% vegan.

I came here because I just got a bench and some weights at home and I going to start training, but I need your help because I am a beginner both in veganism (since March) and body building.

Bye!

Hi,

my goal in body building is having a healthy and strong body. But I am quite overweight now, 175 cm / 107 kg (I guess 5'8 feet'inch / 235 lb) and of course, I would like to lose weight and substitute the fat with some muscles .

I am vegan for indignation toward an absurd food industry and I aim to get out of the box where all the world uses to live and enjoy a healthy and cruelty-free lifestyle.

We all have our different reasons sometimes, but same goal...health..compassion (for most people)...and to me quality of life in later years.

Have no fear. Your goals are achievable! (and you might be surprised the very tasty yet still vegan things we get to eat! With our local vegan group...been to probably 10-12 potlucks, various occasions and STILL surprised at all the flavors out there! Yet to sample something and go...ewwww)

What will be interesting to me will be differences in availability of things between here in USA and Italy. New friend I met on here, vegan from Tahiti...that is a challenge! Lots of fruit, nuts it seems, but little by way of green veg and some of the go-to products. Being in the EU you'll have lots more options, and with the climate of southern Europe probably good prices on veg year round!

Will be ready to help out!

We all have our different reasons sometimes, but same goal...health..compassion (for most people)...and to me quality of life in later years.

Have no fear. Your goals are achievable! (and you might be surprised the very tasty yet still vegan things we get to eat! With our local vegan group...been to probably 10-12 potlucks, various occasions and STILL surprised at all the flavors out there! Yet to sample something and go...ewwww)

What will be interesting to me will be differences in availability of things between here in USA and Italy. New friend I met on here, vegan from Tahiti...that is a challenge! Lots of fruit, nuts it seems, but little by way of green veg and some of the go-to products. Being in the EU you'll have lots more options, and with the climate of southern Europe probably good prices on veg year round!

Will be ready to help out!

Yep, actually South Europe has the perfect climate for vegetables, especially in South Italy where I live. I am going to create my own garden on my terrace, too.

Thanks!