Hello Everyone!!

detroitraw

Hello everyone!

I am very blessed to have found this community online! I would like to start off with how I found out about this lifestyle. I have ALWAYS been interested in martial arts and fitness as a child. Which did help me initially lose a lot of weight. I joined the Army after high school and noticed that no matter what I did what I ate I could not run! By the time I got out at 25 I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis. I of course had put weight back on and the whole time I was enlisted I couldn't shed that last 20 lbs. Once I got out that 20 gradually turned into 80 lbs over weight. I began this year at 210 lbs at 5'1. I had enough! I had also decided that with all this so called info about losing weight and how it should be challenging but not impossible I should 'eat right and workout' which didn't work. I started digging and found out that I might have PCOS ( I was right). That alone will hinder weight loss. So now I know those same weight loss rules did not and could not apply to me. I'm not gonna lie the answer had been right under my nose for a while but I just couldn't give up the 'good stuff'! Finally out of shear willpower I dived into a fruit and veggie diet still eating some meat but I noticed how it makes me sick and how dairy makes my nose run while still consuming it. What I used to like makes me sick. I still fall off the wagon from time to time and I started this new path May 5th of this year and so far I have gotten down to 191 lbs without all the compulsive exercise. I just drink water, eat fruits (mainly) and veggies. I see more clearly, my knees don't hurt and I hope that once I get a little closer to my ideal weight I will be back throwing some kicks and punches in someones dojo! I am still learning to try different recipes and I would really like some advice I also still get cravings. How do you guys manage? I guess its something that might be reduced with time but here's hoping!

Again, thank you for taking the time to read my introduction!

Welcome!!!! And nice work!! Amazing still at what the Dr won't tell you or suggest other than....take this pill and come see me in a month.

Getting off the inflammation causing foods is a big step.

We all come to the lifestyle for different reasons, and some of us here are new, and others have been in it for a long time.

For your cravings, good news, about 1.5 years ago, we found a vegan group in our area on Meetup.com and that was amazing! Not only to have a support group of likeminded people, but the things they can cook!!!

Some are more purist, don't care for the meat alternatives nor things that are all plant-based but still taste like meat. Others, grown up as omnivoirs can still appreciate a good fajita or (pretty much name it, there's a way to make it plant based!). Should help with the cravings, and when you might stumble...don't beat yourself up much...sounds like your body will do that for you...

We've a lot of tried and tested recipes, so if there is a favorite you like, post it up, and we'll try to help.....

And there's a certain smile that comes from doing MMA and Krav Maga with many younger than me....MORE than keeping up and being plant powered....just sayin'..