Hello from Wales

Miloko

Hello all,

I just found this site last night. I'm hoping to use it as a place to visit to find fitness motivation from fellow vegans more than anything else, but the fitness and nutrition tips I've read on here so far seem great, too.

I'm 33, female and a mother to two children. I have been vegetarian since the age of thirteen and vegan for the past three years. I'm a very active person, but occasionally suffer from loss of motivation towards my fitness when my goals aren't reached as quickly as I'd like. In my mid twenties I suffered a lot with fluctuating weight, as result of poorly thought out nutrition and the symptoms of hypothyroidism, that I now have under control.

Now, I'm on top of my nutrition but still occasionally overdo my calorie intake at weekends, which can set me back.

I train four plus hours a week in advanced level Shotokan karate (going for my 1st Dan in August - wish me luck!). I also train with weights at home, between 3 and four days a week. I alternate between lower body and upper and core combined and mix up my routines to keep things interesting. I use the Fitness Blender workouts as a guide and enjoy their cardio and warm up/cool down or yoga/pilates blend videos as well as or in between my weight training days.

My goal is to lose a further three to four kilograms of body fat and to further build what I've already achieved in lean muscle. So I want to drop from 62-63KG where my weight has been stubbornly staying for the past month to an eventual 58KG. On top of that goal, I want to convert some of that 58KG destination weight to muscle. I'm 5'5" and a small to medium overall build.

My body is very steadfastly saying no.

This week I'm mixing up my routine to add on two 5 kilometre runs to kick start more cardio fat-loss responses. I'll see how that goes.