New To This

Carl_D

Hello. My name is Carl. I am male. I am in my mid-forties, and I am gradually trying to adapt to a diet of fruits and vegetables. I have started lifting weights(again) 3 days a week and doing cardio 2 or 3 days a week. Right now I get most of my food from juicing raw fruits and vegetables, but I am still eating chicken or fish about once a day. Mainly in the evening, so that my stomach is full enough that it doesn't keep my awake all night. I would like some suggestions for my evening meals to replace the meat. Here is an example of how I have been eating and what I had today.

Breakfast:I Juiced spinach,avacado,mango,raspberries, half an orange and 1/8 cup of cashews.

Lunch:I Juiced the same as breakfast.

snack:Bowl of Grape Nuts cereal with a little skim milk.

Dinner: Baked chicken breast, raw spinach with a little extra virgin olive oil

I am losing 2 or 3 pounds a week(I have a lot to lose) and recuperating from my weightlifting workouts just fine, as far as I can tell. My main concern is getting enough protein when I phase out the meat.I don't want to eat anything fattening like rice or pasta. Any recommendations for my evening meals will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello. My name is Carl. I am male. I am in my mid-forties, and I am gradually trying to adapt to a diet of fruits and vegetables. I have started lifting weights(again) 3 days a week and doing cardio 2 or 3 days a week. Right now I get most of my food from juicing raw fruits and vegetables, but I am still eating chicken or fish about once a day. Mainly in the evening, so that my stomach is full enough that it doesn't keep my awake all night. I would like some suggestions for my evening meals to replace the meat. Here is an example of how I have been eating and what I had today.

Breakfast:I Juiced spinach,avacado,mango,raspberries, half an orange and 1/8 cup of cashews.

Lunch:I Juiced the same as breakfast.

snack:Bowl of Grape Nuts cereal with a little skim milk.

Dinner: Baked chicken breast, raw spinach with a little extra virgin olive oil

I am losing 2 or 3 pounds a week(I have a lot to lose) and recuperating from my weightlifting workouts just fine, as far as I can tell. My main concern is getting enough protein when I phase out the meat.I don't want to eat anything fattening like rice or pasta. Any recommendations for my evening meals will be appreciated. Thank you.

As much as I love juicing you do have to be careful with it when you are trying to lose weight, because you are on a calorie restricted diet. Which means eating less. Juicing removes alot of fiber and bulk. Both of which tend to fill you up and keep you from being as hungry. It also means the sugar in the fruits and veggies is being digested faster which can be a problem for some people. I would suggest eating more of the whole fruits and veggies. When I juice I always have it with a solid foods that way I'm fuller and my blood sugars stay more stable which can help with weight loss.

Also white rice I would avoid while losing weight, but brown rice is great for weight loss. It keeps you full, stabilizes blood sugar, it's high in fiber. It doesn't digest as fast as white rice. It'd really good for weight loss.

As far as high protein vegan foods go I personally like mung beans, edamame steamed & dry roasted and I like tofu. I also like pea protein for shakes. Which by the way is great for blending with fresh juices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...