Gday from Australia

Foonz

Hey all,

My name is Paul (aka Foonz) I am sort of new to lifting heavy things and very new to the vegan lifestyle. I started lifting about 12 months ago but had no idea what I was doing and had no consistency.

About 3 - 4 months ago I started lifting consistant with my training partner but had a terrible diet. I could see all sorts of gains happening on my mate while I just got fatter and fatter.

I have had dogs my whole life but about 6 years ago they became my life. My wife and I are extremely involved in our now 2 cats and 2 dogs and are huge supporters against animal cruelty.

Only last week my wife came to me saying she would like to go vegan but was hesitant as she grew up in a very meat eating home and doesn't really like vegetables. I have never been huge on meat but began eating a lot of take away such as McDonalds.

Monday 14/7/15 after work we did a 2 hour shop threw out all our food at home and begun our journey of becoming vegan.

Hey man, good to meet you. Congrats on deciding to follow a compassionate lifestyle. Your health and furry friends will thank you. Man, I hate McDonalds, maybe more than anything. I'm so ashamed it is such a well known product of my homeland. Anyhow, I'll check out your training journal too. Best of luck!

Hey bud, good to meet you too. I agree completely about Maccas. I only ate that and other fast food because it was easy which disgusts me even more! Since becoming vegan I had a hard first couple of days not with wanting meat but feeling sick in the gut. I'm on day 5 now and feeling so much better, still struggling with energy a bit but not too bad at all. I feel it has also help a lot with a disorder I have too so hopeful that continues to improve!!!