Hello! Needing help with bikini comp meal planning

jesswfit

Hi!

I have been vegetarian for a year and a half and am newly vegan as of 2 months ago. I've been weightlifting for a year and am seriously considering doing a bikini competition but have been able to find little to no information about figuring out the right macros and formulating a meal plan for this specially suited for a female on a vegan diet. I talked to a personal trainer but he just encouraged me to take whey. No thanks! I have started reading Robert's book so maybe that will help me figure all of this out. And hopefully these forums will help too:)

Thanks!

Jessica

Hi and welcome to both the boards and the vegan lifestyle!

Can't immediately offer up help without knowing more about both where you are currently (height, weight, current foods and execise) and what your target/need areas or issues are? I guess I'm better at tweaking the things you are already doing as opposed to giving you a wholesale 'do this' guide -- not one size fits all.

Nutrition will be key to your success. There are multiple ways and approaches to both tightening up, body sculpting, and when to start your 'cut' to drop body fat about 3 weeks leading up to competition.

Coincidentally, I did just find, read-about and engage with Amanda Fisher on facebook/twitter. Successful vegan bikini competitor. Will post a link below.

http://femmefitale.com/amanda-fisher/

No whey no whey, Hey Jessica, welcome. Maybe browse the training journals for ladies that compete to see what they are eating? Or also maybe use the search function here in the forums upper right hand corner for key works like bikini or macros or meal plans.