New Vegetarian CrossFitter

Rusty_Side

Can I start by saying how ecstatic I was to stumble upon this site?!

I'm new to vegetarianism, but I have always been drawn to it. I've been dedicated to it for the past 3 or 4 months after previously trying for about 5 months. I had difficulties getting my partner to understand my reasoning for the change. I had seen a lot of documentaries that killed my heart after watching what those animals had gone through. It finally clicked over one morning on my drive to work. The typical 18 wheeler loaded with cows had pulled next to me, and after listening to their screams, I couldn't partake in it anymore. I can't see myself turning back now!

A little about myself, I'm 25, 5'10" and 258Lbs. I work a typical, sedentary desk job where I'm mostly active on the weekends. I was never involved in any sports. I have a family history of Diabetes, and Heart Disease. I'm determined to not let those diseases define me. I've become tired of waking up every morning feeling a new pain in my joints, or being out of breath going up a flight of stairs. After committing to the veggie life, I wanted more. I wanted to become fit.

After watching numerous youtube videos, and talking with a close friend, I've decided to join CrossFit. My introduction to my box was last Friday, and I can't wait to get back! Being that CrossFit is strongly Paleo, the look my coach gave me after I explained to him I was vegetarian was priceless as he's trying to convince me to take fish oil. (Ovega-3 for the win!) He is very understanding in my ways, as I am theirs. After finding out about Ed Bauer, I looked a little more into crossfitters, as well as bodybuilders who are living the vegan lifestyle! I was so happy to find that I wasn't the only one going about CrossFit this way. I'm so excited to prove people wrong as my body changes and I become healthier day by day!