New to this site...

RobJ

Hi Everyone, Ive been a vegetarian for 20 plus years and have had a hard time being vegan for a number of reasons...(mostly because its difficult not having a refrigerator, Kitchen, place to cook etc) I eat out when I find an adequate place but that can be a pain because I move around for work.... I figured I would check out this site and see if I can find more answers and alternatives to eat better (and more creative) foods.....

Thanks for being here to help out!

Rob

Hi Rob!!! Certainly bring some new 'challenges' to the group!

One thought that immediately came to mind is one that helps me when I have to travel for work and eat out. A few suggestions...

If you have a smartphone you can get an app called Vetgat or checkout Happycow.net to see what restaurants in the area have been already listed as being veg/vegan friendly. That's been helpful for me when going to new places....and I'm sure to mention to the restaurants I visit that I chose them specifically for offering vegan options and where I found them.

Sometimes that's just not convenient or an option, and I've had GREAT success mentioning my needs to the waiter to relay to the chef/cooks and often have ordered things not on the regular menu in all kinds of places, from chinese to Indian to Italian to straight-up american restaurants.

Lastly, I try hard to be sure and give a review and shoutout on TripAdvisor for veg/vegan friendly places I find.

REALLY lastly, when all else fails finding a Whole Foods or even a regular grocery store will let me stock up on some fixings to make in hotel when needed....