almost 2 year vegan out of NC

dave633

My name is David I'm 24 and I've been vegan for am most 2 years now. I've got a rad vegan pregnant wife and next year a rad vegan baby. I got out of the military 4 months ago and one of my deployments i was vegan throughout, and the other one I just wasn't vegan at that point. I had surgery over a month ago and just started lifting weights to hopefully help the healing process. I'm doing stronglifts, starting with bar only so as to not irritate surgeried parts, on some janky rusty equipment that don't even fit that well (standard barbell in olympic cage). My protein intake is whatever. Bodybuilding.Com has a hard-on for 1g/lb bodyweight but I just eat what I eat and hope for the best without counting calories or macros or supplementation aside from vitamins. All that being said, hello everyone.

Whatsup David!

Hope you heal up fast!

Overall, I agree with your approach as its easier and sustainable. Just eat a variety of veg, include the rest of the spectrum from beans to nuts and seeds. Leaning more and more towards organic everything where possible...slowly getting there...better for me, better for the environment.

And I just watch the scale and the mirror. Dropping weight or not gaining (whatever your goal is), make small adjustment up or down, then reassess. Leaning up too much in the mirror or maybe packing on a bit too much in places like the middle/back then need to look not so much the quantities of foods, but the sources. Maybe adjust when you're fueling up with what.

In general.

- Eat good quality earth grown foods.

- ditch processed foods, white breads/rice/etc.

- eat for what you just did, or what you're about to do (gonna work hard -- fuel up with balanced nutrition), just worked hard, replenish what you burned (carbs, sugars, etc.) and be sure to hit up good protein sources (beans, tofu, grains/quinoa, etc.).