Hello, newbie here.

melbear

Hi everyone.

I have been interested in body building for a little over a year now but I haven't really pursued it that much, I do lift weights but not enough to really do anything

I went vegan just over 6 months ago and I think that becoming lean and strong is a great way to be an advocate of this awesome diet and lifestyle, also I just want to be strong and healthy and the best version of me that I can be

I try to follow a low fat, high carb diet, kinda following the starch solution/china study guidelines. I don't count my calories or my macronutrients, but I try to eat whole foods, I am really trying to limit my processed consumption.

I haven't lost weight yet, although I am not overweight or anything I just have a little extra which I want to get rid of. I think I haven't lost anything as I have been eating quite a bit of vegan junk food so that is something which I need to stop asap. I also don't really do much cardio, but I will increase cardio.

From the reading I have done, protein should be 10% of total daily calories or less. I am not interested in taking protein shakes or anything like that, the only supplement I take is b12. But I would like to know if when building muscle, protein intake should increase or does it not matter? I have my own opinions on this but would like to hear others as there is a lot of conflicting information about it.

I don't go to a gym but I have some equipment in my garage (barbell, dumbbells, skipping rope, exercyle bike thingy, resistance bands, bench with leg thing and swiss ball.) I want to grow muscle and shred the fat but would love some advice on the best way to approach this.

Thanks