harro!!

primalbliss

Howdy folks,

I'm new to the VB forum, but very happy to have found you guys... full disclosure; I am vegetarian and 'vegan-curious', but I haven't taken the leap to full vegan living jut yet... still egg-munching on the regular...

Anyway, Im a classic case of the 'chronic cardio' problem... I've been running for years, and could comfortably take off for 20km right now, but if you ask me to lift a heavy box up some stairs I might start crying.... I've been meaning to start doing some proper weights work for a while, and I think the time has come...

So would anyone have any recommendations on a fairly straightforward weightifting beginners program... I dont mind working hard, but I prefer to avoid too much complexity... exercise is like meditation for me; I like to disappear into the activity... so I reckon Im best suited to just choosing maybe 10 lifts, and doing those same lifts over and over while ramping up the weights over time... if I have to think about a whole new set of techniques and forms every time I go to the gym I get put off... if anyone has any recommendations on programs worth checking out, hit me up!

Hope you're all having a happy sunday,

hugs,

Lucas

Hey Lucas, welcome to the group here. You might check out Robert Cheeke (the guy that created this website)'s newest book. Its called Shred it! It has a bunch of exercise plans and recipes as well as a ton of other helpful info and features quality stuff from a dozen other vegan athletes as well.

There are links to the store where you can find that book at others on the main/home page of the website here.

GL,

Dylan