New year - new challenge

Freddybrek1

Hi guys,

Just looking for advice/tips etc if anyone can spare the time.

I last posted in August 2014. I am a 40 year old female hobby bodybuilder and I'm basically looking to enter my first competition in June 2015. Don't know what category yet. I'm not looking to win or even place. I just want to take part for the experience, see where I am and what I can learn to improve and maybe place the next time.

I mainly train alone using a very local gym or my own iron cast home weights.

I decided in June 2014 to compete next (this) year. From a training programme point of view I have the help of two lovely trainers who have competed/will be competing in the same competition. I train with them once a month. The only small niggle is that whilst their training advice is completely reliable, they are not vegan and have openly said that they cannot help me with that side of things which is fair enough.

My starting weight in June 2014 was 9st 6 (132 lbs - I'd lost about four stone 2 years previous to this). My mentors were of the opinion that I would need to put on weight between June 2014 and January 2015 to have a good base to start cutting down. At the end of January 2015 they will look at me and if I still look too slim, will advise me to wait another year and build up. If I am ready, they will advise which category I should compete in.

Since June to now I have put on nearly a stone (and I suspect only half of this will be muscle!!). I've found this really difficult. In theory, although I'm meant to keep this going until the end of January I don't like it. My trousers feel tight around the stomach, my asthma feels affected and although I train hard, I just don't feel like this weight gain is something I can carry on. I think I'm going to stop it right there, maintain this weight for the month and then hopefully be approved to enter.

So after that big long story, does anyone have any words of wisdom/advice. Should I worry that I've not gained more weight? How should I begin to prepare diet wise?

Many thanks for any help/suggestions.