Hi Strongwoman veg/curious

Sunami

Hi all, I am a nationally competitive strongwoman interested in switching to a Vegan diet but fear, the fear you all probably have expressed how to I continue to increase in strength and lifts, while ditching the meats? Are there folks who can assist with direction and diet planning to get me started? I am also overweight and desire to LOSE weight. I love lifting and competing and getting stronger, but I also have a three year old who I want to see grow up, so seeking to find a balance of health and lifting.

Thanks in advance!

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sunami! Great name btw...

Thought of a couple ways to approach this, one was to suggest you pick up a book or 2 for some background (Shred It! by Robert Cheeke, any of the Thrive books from Branden Brazier, etc.).

Or alternatively, list out some of your typical meals per day and we can help you plant-base them. You'll have no trouble getting the nutrients you need to resume your powerlifting goals and should tone-up/drop the extra weight along the way.

As a society, we are WAY oversold on the amounts of various macros we need or don't need (calories, gms fat, gms protein, carbs....). Likewise, supplimentation is big business too......

So, share some of what a typical day is like for you and we can go from there....

Cool?