Heya there, friends!

BananaChip

Hello! My names Keenan. I've been vegan for 2 years, 6 months and 11 days. (: And I've been strength training a little over a year and one half. I'm 22, 5'10 and 150 pounds of a lean, mean, green eating machine! Haha

I went veg January 1st, 2013 for moral and ethical reasons like many other like minded individuals. After watching documentaries such as Earthlings, Forks over Knives and Gary Yourofsky's speech about animal rights activism, the switch came naturally. It just clicked! And I've loved and enjoyed eating plant based ever since.

I'm a slim guy, always have been! I used to run cross country, bulk long distance in high school and for fun. When I went veg I weighed around 135 pounds. After the first 6 months or so I noticed my weight had been dropping. I was weighing around 125! This didn't alarm me, because I felt better than I ever had. My skin was clearing up, my digestive system wasn't soo upset (no bloating, or constipation) and my energy level was through the roof!

But, I didn't want to be that stereotypical slender veg*n! Soo I started lifting and soon got sucked into a whole new world of both fitness and nutrition. After bouncing around the internet, I finally landed here. I visit veggieboards often for nutritional information and advice. I was also snooping around bodybuilding(dot) com, but found out rather quickly that, just like in the gym, they're all meat heads. And if you mention veg*nisn you're looked at funky! But I guess that kind of happens everywhere, now that I think about it. Haha anyways, this seems like my kind of place.

In conclusion, i'm looking forward to meeting like minded individuals and learning from the experiences of others. Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...