Tank's Intro.

TankOnTwoLegs

Hi everyone.

I guess the best way to start an introduction is at the beginning. For internet sake, my name's Tank. (Due to my short stocky build) I'm 27, male and live in Indiana, US with my wife and my dog. I've been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for a while and am in the process of making the switch completely to veganism. My digestive system is irritatingly weak. I have a lactose intolerance as well as a gluten intolerance (The lactose intolerance is worse, but the gluten one is more annoying because gluten is in damn near everything). Now with the current "bird flu" epidemic, my wallet is having a major "ovo" intolerance.

My stats are 5'6, around 205lbs. I actually do better with myself when I don't consistently weigh in. At one point, not very long ago, I hit 255lbs. I was a size 42-44 pants and a 2XL shirt. I developed a binge eating disorder and ate just about anything and everything I could. Including the foods that ripped up my digestive tract and didn't care. On a regular, I would consume 5,000 calories and did little exercise aside from walking from the desk to the fridge and back. But I bounced back, went through several life altering experiences and here I am, 50lbs lighter, 6 pant sizes and two shirt sizes smaller. There are still foods that I can't eat just one serving of so I stay away from them all together because now I actually care. In four months I'll be 28 years old and after that it's just a hop, skip and a jump to 30. I need to do something with my life and what's more basic than knowing how my body functions and what to eat to keep it functioning, ya know?

I want to keep my diet as natural as possible. No powders, no supplements, no fake "meats." Not that having these things as a part of your diet is a bad thing, I just know myself well enough to know not to go there because I'll allow myself to make them my main source of nutrition and that isn't a path I want to go on. To my happiness, I found out that Chex is gluten free and their Honey Nut variety is amazing. Couple that with some vanilla almond milk and a banana and my breakfast is covered. Having a Hispanic wife means my meatless dinners are met effortlessly with spanish rice and beans with potatoes and carrots. In between those two meals I'm usually at work so I can just grab some fruit. (I work at a grocery store, in the deli, yeah irony.) Fitness wise I want to get into running. I always try but always quit, maybe someone will have some advice for me on that, I hope. It always sounds so fun to compete in a race, even if it's just a short 5K.

I guess that pretty much covers it. Hope you all have a good week.

Hey man! Welcome to the forum, things aren't as active here as they used to be but there are always people knocking around

One of the admins (Mini Forklift) is a long distance runner and a pretty good one at that so he'll have some advice for you I'm sure

All the best dude

Ross

Hey dude, congrats on the weight loss. I lost a padload myself, and I know what it's like to worry about keeping it off, and to continue losing more. Why not start a training journal? That way we can follow along. It's the best way to ask questions and get answers/advice. Most of the people on here have been training quite a while, so there's sure to be no lack of solid intelligence.

Welcome aboard!