New vegan looking for help!!

andrewkimmy

Hello all,

I have been converting slowly to a vegan diet over the last 18 months or so. I am doing it because of health reasons and the fact that I want to live a cleaner, healthier life. I have gone vegan doing T25 and just looked like a twig. I've started doing Body Beast and trying to prove people wrong that it is possible to build muscle, lose body fat and maintain a vegan lifestyle. However I'm looking for advice on what and how I should be eating. I have read books like Thrive, The Paradigm Diet, Eat to Live and of course Shred It!! I have tailored my eating plan to the 70/15/15 recommendations and am looking for pointers on how I am doing. Here is the link to My Fitness Pal account if anyone is interested/willing to take a look and make recommendations. Any help would be appreciated!!

www.myfitnesspal.com/andrewkimmy127

Just so you know, it's already been proven that you can build muscles and reduce body fat on a vegan diet. It's not uncharted territory fella. Mr universe is vegan for goodness sake.

Give it a go at 70/15/15 for a while then adjust from there. Stick with whole foods and minimally processed foods. I'm currently running at about 60/20/20 and 3500-4000 kCal/ day but that works for me and how I train. Not a bodybuilder more performance based.

Good luck with your vegan diet. It is worth it. And don't get too bent over my smartass comments.

Hello jmf,

I agree with you on the measurement of dry food, makes sense for sure. I am an endomorph and my total TDEE is 3250 and I am using a 70%C/15%P/15%F as recommended in the book Shred It!

ok...you're an endomorph, so you're likely carb sensitive? If so, can't say that 70% carb is an ideal ratio for you...probably more like 40-50% would be more suitable. ...and your fat intake: 15% is definitely on the low end of the scale.