Personal Trainer gone Veg

KristineTheMachine

Hey All,

It's been a while since I've been a member of a forum so I thought I'd take the leap in joining :P

I'm a personal trainer, so not new to training but I am new to the vegan diet. I started transitioning to veg last Christmas so I'm coming up on a year now. I am still eating eggs a few times a month and I'm on the fence about dropping those out because I do crave the yolks (maybe I'm lacking something) >.< I decided to make the change for two reasons, the first being that I have been eating a body-building prep style diet for years and I. hate. chicken. I needed to mix it up to enjoy my meals and I found that by adding in more veg-proteins I felt a lot better about meal times :3 AND having IBS, I find I'm less irritated now eating veg proteins...a happy colon=life is good. The second reason for my change is I'm huge on the environment & after educating myself last November on how the global meat industry impacts our planet, there was no questions asked about switching over.

In terms of bodybuilding- I was on track to compete for the first time, well, this month, and I set myself up for a long prep considering it would have been my first show. Things didn't work out... I was recommended a coach who turns out has no experience training a vegetarian (or someone who is not on steroids for that matter)...I was over worked and under-fed, got really sick in terms of my heart-health, thyroid health, and suffered from extreme adrenal fatigue. Safe to say it was a terrible experience. BUT I got myself hooked up with an amazing coach who, although doesn't have experience with vegetarian/vegan diets, is willing to educate herself as best she can to help me, and keep the diet portion of our training open for me to make final decisions. She has helped me recover from the damage of the initial coach. I haven't been scared off from competing by any means and I am aiming to try again early in the 2016 season.

SO, I'm here to educate myself during the off season & also make vegan friends because I literally have none ;_;