Hi, I'm 40, and I'm a new vegan

irawanjohan

It's nice to find this interesting forum. I really need to learn a lot about being vegan. My mother has been a vegetarian for years but I never consider becoming a vegetarian even a bit. Don't know why, 2 days ago, after watching YouTube channel on Vegan Gains and Gary Yourofsky, I don't really feel good about myself eating animal products.

I've been training with weights since I was young. And I compete in natural bodybuilding competition sometime. For me being a vegan is hard because I have to leave most my bodybuilding foods and supplements behind. But I feel better for the bigger cause than my body. I hope I can learn a lot about bodybuilding and vegan style living from this forum.

The first few months can be a little sketchy as you figure out how to get enough calories from whole foods and your GI gets used to all the fiber. I couldn't handle beans for the longest time. Just now putting them back in and I'm handling them much better.

The first few months can be a little sketchy as you figure out how to get enough calories from whole foods and your GI gets used to all the fiber. I couldn't handle beans for the longest time. Just now putting them back in and I'm handling them much better.

Thank you Eiji, I found it just as you said. My digestion needs time to get used to higher carb intake. I take tofu and tempeh mostly as it's easily available in Indonesia.