New Here

Jace

Hi All,

I'm brand new to this forum. First, a little about me....

I'm Jace.

I am 27, 6'4" and weigh 70kg on a good day....I need to gain weight, but not any weight...I want muscle. So i recently joined a gym and have started training with a mate that is already into it.

So don't mind me while I snoop around finding all sorts of tips and tricks, If you have some you would like to share please feel free

Look forward to hanging around here with you fine folks!

(also been Vegan for a few years now )

Hi Jace,

Eating and lifting (heavy) are going to be your friends. There are TONS of weight training programs for gaining and hypertrophy...pick one and stick to it for at least three months. I suggest you choose a program that focuses on compound movements for the next 6-12 months. Hammer your legs. Use a notepad and pencil at the gym to track your progress.

As for the eating, food will determine whether your efforts in the gym get converted to muscle...or not. Since you're new, start eating at your calculated TDEE + 10%. Get a $30 food scale, and track your intake and nutrients...I think tracking with a smartphone app is a pretty efficient method. (I use myfitnesspal, but there are others) Make sure you get plenty of fat and protein...they are critical to gaining muscle and strength. If you neglect what I've written on the food part, you're pretty much wasting your time in the gym...no kidding.

Finally, track your body measurements...update only once/month. (any more frequent is frustrating) I track, weight, bodyfat, shoulders, chest, waist, biceps, forearms, quads, calves, hips. This will "close the loop" on your inputs and let you know if your eating and lifting strategies need revisions/refinement.

Good luck!