33 year old Canadian Newly Vegan - Weight Loss/Get Fit

jennifer-plantfuel

Hello! My name is Jennifer. I am newly vegan, though it is something I have played around with off and on over the past year. I am morbidly obese, I weigh in at 400lbs. I have been trying to eat healthy and get fit for years now and I haven't been able to achieve anything. I just keep gaining. I really hope that this time is it...I am not ever giving up I just continue to have setbacks.

My biggest habit I have to break is eating fast food. I am meal planning and getting groceries more often. For years, actually ever since I graduated high school and went off to college on my own I have had a bad fast food habit. Now that I am vegan there is hardly any vegan options at any of them and it helps deter me away from them, but the urge is still there. It is so easy to stop by on my way home from school (a 30 minute drive where I go by virtually every chain you can imagine sometimes more than once, so if a big mac sounded good but I already passed it well I've been known to stop at the second or third mcdonalds I drive by too)...I obviously have problems. Big ones. I am only a little ashamed to admit it, only because at this point I am so desperate to get away from all the bad habits I have created that I am open to any suggestions.

As I said, I am doing meal planning and making sure I get groceries. I want to make sure what I am eating is healthy though and that I am losing weight. I love vegetables, not so much a fruit fan, I am getting used to eating rice and beans without dousing it in condiments.

As for fitness I am only going to the gym a few times a week currently for cardio (walk on treadmill, swimming/aquafit). I hope to create a real gym fitness plan with a schedule I can stick to.

I go to university full time and I do freelance web design. It is very sedentary.