I am Back

Tensolator

Hi, I am Jon. (People sitting in folding chairs say, "Hi Jon!")

I remember when this forum was pretty new, and Robert was just getting it rolling.

I decided to return. This is a good forum, and a plant based diet, although my current year by habits are embarrassing, is the way to go.

I lost a grandparent a couple of years back, and although I was 50, and he was 94, and we were expecting him to move on, it was devastating. Of all the things that represented his life, and my family members descended like vultures, the only things I took were his Masonic trowel, and his opera glasses. (I did get his WWII photo album as well.)

Anyway, grief and depression set in, and even with Cytalopram (sp), I am just recovering.

I posted on another post, I started Wing Chun pushing a year ago, and it got me out of the house. I was so out of shape from lying in bed for a year or so, that I had to get myself in shape by riding my Airdyne. Recently (as my workout log indicates) I just took up strength training again. I use a Soloflex, partly because I have had it almost thirty years and I love it almost more than my GSD, and the shock rings are "easier" resistance for my joints. I had an acquaintance tell me once "real men use real weight". That might be true, but since high School my Soloflex body has always looked better than his real weight body.

I am going plant based because I live next door to a cattle ranch. It is beautiful. I wake up every summer morning and I have cattle lounging on the other side of the fence. I realised, although I love beef, those calves that have Mexican Stand-offs with our German Shepherd, won't make it to another summer. Call me sentimental. It is time for a change.

Well, it is good to be here, and hope to hear from you all.

Excellent story, glad to hear you are recovering. I have been bed ridden too and it feels great to be up and moving. Welcome back, looking forward to hearing about your Soloflex gains (I have no idea what this is). Say hi to the cows for me tomorrow morning!