Hello newbie here!

Aragorn

Hi all! I've been vegan for a little over a week now (having started on March 30th) and I am really loving it.

I am male, 5' 10", and about 150 lbs. My main goal is to reduce my body fat percentage. The body composition scanner at my gym says I am currently at 15.1% body fat.

My core diet includes:

Cheerios w/ soy milk

Assorted vegetables with the majority being spinach and broccoli

Apples, bananas, oranges

Beans

What are your thoughts on pasta and whole wheat bread? And should I limit how much cereal I'm eating? In addition, I'm going to try to incorporate more nuts and potatoes into my diet. I'm in college so my choices are limited this year.

MWF I lift dumbbells

TTH I do ab exercises

I should incorporate running too, right?

Other (I don't know if this is super significant):

I burn between 2500 and 3000 calories most days.

And how did I get this username??

I dont eat gluten so i cant speak on that but .. since you just started out im sure you feel great but its almost impossible to get fat on a vegan diet if you train. Make sure your eating enough because people feel amazing starting out on the diet but start to feel the effects of lacking nutrition later on. Make sure you eat nuts, grains, quinoa, sweet potatoes, avocados, and overall a good variety of foods. try new fruits and veggies, explore health food stores and look in to some supplements as well. Sunwarrior protein may interest you. hope this helps