Happy to be here!

alexisvictoria

Hi Everyone! I am new to everything!

I am 25 years old and I work for UPS as a Human Resources Supervisor for the last five years. I am a very petite girl, at 5'2" and 110 lbs. I was asked to spend my summer as a UPS driver, which is no easy task!

The reason I originally got into the gym was because I did not want to feel like I had been hit by a train after my first week on the job. My mindset was to get in shape for work and nothing more.

My summer driving was amazing, being a UPS driver is one of the more physical jobs you could have. I felt amazing most days, putting on about 30,000 steps per day - at a usual 3.5 mph pace, average 30 flights of stairs per day, burning 3,000-4,000 calories per day. And not to mention all the heavy crap you are delivering!!! (206 Stops, 400 Packages - per day)

Once the summer was over I went back to my desk job in the Human Resources office, and got back in the gym with a new mindset. I felt like such a badass after the summer was over, I wanted to keep it up. I wanted to be strong - and that's how I fell in love. I am still so new, any advice is appreciated.

I became vegan in January 2016, after coming to the realization I had the worst diet in the world and was at my heaviest ever at 135 lbs. I had an acquaintance who was is a vegan and I was intrigued by be social media posts. I decided to give it a shot and have not turned back, I know I don't have to explain to anyone the euphoria I feel being vegan!

Anyhow I am very happy to join this community and look forward to learning from and sharing with some amazing people.