Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boxing chick lifting weights (HC-PG)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:27 pm 
Manatee

I'm Your Man wrote:
Why it's not safe?
Ano, Chains deadlift, 376kg / 436kg and biceps went brogen
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SW6dTdSnDtU

Last edited by bodybag on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 pm 
Elephant

ouch :? Yeah I don't think I'll try that, with that grip I mean.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:53 pm 
Manatee

I'm Your Man wrote:
ouch :? Yeah I don't think I'll try that, with that grip I mean.
IYM, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. If you want to use a mixed grip then go for it.

The guy in the video tore his bicep pulling 436kgs which is impossible without steriods. I highly doubt you need to worry about tearing your bicep. Just add heavy curling to your routine and you'll be fine.

Post subject: Re: Penguin lifting weights (HC-PG)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:04 am 
Gorilla

I'm feeling so fucked up right now. For not boxing and now, when my "personal trainer" asks me out on a date. For fuck sake, is that all what they're thinking of? Dickheads...

I read too late today that my gym is only open for 9-17 in Saturday (+ Sunday), so I didn't have the time to go to the gym today.

I guess I'll head for a walk or jog, if it isn't too slippery outside. And maybe some negative chin-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, bw squats etc.

Any suggestions for more?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:35 pm 
Gorilla

Oh yeah, to take part to this grip-conversation. I don't really know, how he hurt his arm as he didn't tell me the details.

And I too use mixed grip, but I do use BOTH grips and not just mixed grip, when I deadlift.

I had a nice jog, with two dogs with me (they insisted coming with me) I guess I'll do those other exercises a bit later.

Now I'm going to sauna. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:25 pm 
Manatee

HCPinGviini wrote:
I read too late today that my gym is only open for 9-17 in Saturday (+ Sunday), so I didn't have the time to go to the gym today.

I guess I'll head for a walk or jog, if it isn't too slippery outside. And maybe some negative chin-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, bw squats etc.

Any suggestions for more?
Pistols, burpees, hindu squats, horizontal pull-ups, dips (furniture can be used), box jumps, standing broad jumps.
http://www.bodyweightculture.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:53 pm 
Gorilla

Today I ate: 2,069 calories, 52.4gr fat, 281.9gr carbs, 142.1gr protein. Calculated by Fitday.com.

I didn't know that this was even possible. lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:37 pm 
Gorilla

I've really started to love jogging. Last summer I hated jogging and I was sure I was never going to jog, but now I feel it's so enjoyable and damn... I'm so in love right now. :heart:

Today I was jogging with my doggie. For about 45 minutes or so. She stopped us a few times, but I got a good sweat still and just had to go to the shower right after that.

Now I'm so relaxed. It feels as it was midnight already, as I'm feeling a bit sleepy already.

This upcoming week I'm going to enter Ryukyu-kempo, since I stopped boxing and I'm now able to start kempo all over again after two years. I hope all that's forgotten will come back soon, so I might be able to get myself 4. kyu by next Spring. :boxer:

e. And my christmas present this year will be vegan christmas (not just for me, but also for my dad, his fiancée and my little sister) and they're going to be vegetarian for at least a month after Christmas. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:48 pm 
Elephant

I love reading your journal :) It's good that you love jogging now. When you do it just because you feel like running, it's really great, you can think about things while running, or just enjoy some music, or empty your mind and relax :)

wow it's so cool that your whole family will have a vegan christmas :D And then vegetarian for 1 month. You had this idea ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:03 pm 
Gorilla

I'm Your Man wrote:
I love reading your journal :) It's good that you love jogging now. When you do it just because you feel like running, it's really great, you can think about things while running, or just enjoy some music, or empty your mind and relax :)

wow it's so cool that your whole family will have a vegan christmas :D And then vegetarian for 1 month. You had this idea ?

Yeah. It was so much easier to jog/run, when I really liked it and didn't just force myself to do it. I should get myself better headphones, so that I could listen to music while running.

Yeah, it was my idea. As I wanted to have something un-materialistic as a present, I thought that they shouldn't give anything to me as I don't need anything, but they should show some sympathy for animals instead and be vegetarians for that one month. Idea behind this is that after that my dad and my little sister would learn how to cook food without meat in it. ;)

And my little sister's going to inform her school that she's a vegetarian, so that they'll prepare her some vegetarian food. But I don't know, how it goes as she's studying catering and they prepare some meals there too... We'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:10 pm 
Elephant

HCPinGviini wrote:

This upcoming week I'm going to enter Ryukyu-kempo, since I stopped boxing and I'm now able to start kempo all over again after two years. I hope all that's forgotten will come back soon, so I might be able to get myself 4. kyu by next Spring. :boxer:

This is really great too ! What made you want to start Ryukyu-kempo again? That's really cool, all this energy that you have, and your aspirations. Hope it will be better than the boxing class :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 pm 
Gorilla

I'm Your Man wrote:
This is really great too ! What made you want to start Ryukyu-kempo again? That's really cool, all this energy that you have, and your aspirations. Hope it will be better than the boxing class :D

It's just that I really really want to keep myself active. :)

Lol, making notes here:

Ryukyu-kempo

Mon 19-20 @ Nääshalli Budo-6
Wed 20-21 @ Nääshalli Budo-2

I was at the gym Monday, did some Clean and Presses with 15kg, Front Squats with 15kg too, Bench Presses with 25kg, 22.5kg, 20kg and then shoulder presses with 7kg dumbbells. Then I also trained my calves in Leg press with 90kg, 75kg and 65kg. I felt so weak after that, lol. Then I tried this "Roman chair" or what's it called. It felt so weird, I was so sure, I was going to fall and crack my skull or something. But I did three sets of ten reps with my bw only.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:04 pm 
Gorilla

HCPinGviini wrote:
Ryukyu-kempo

Mon 19-20 @ Nääshalli Budo-6
Wed 20-21 @ Nääshalli Budo-2

Hmm, I forgot, that it was at 20, not at 19 today. :?

Well at least I did my gym routine today. Met Mikko today too, but I didn't follow his advises. I met my friend's friend today and he knows Mikko and he guessed right away, who I was talking about, as I talked to my friend about a guy, who's trying to hit on me by "personal training" me. lol

:augenroller:

Today: Clean and Press, Overhead Press (this was more like a military press really), Front Squat (Full), supersets with no rest: Weighted Back hyperflex and Sit-ups in that "machine", dumbbell flyes, bicep curls...

Last edited by HCPinGviini on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 pm 
Elephant

That's good :D When are you gonna do that hardcore circuit training thing that I wrote? Your arms will be completely finished after this :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:34 pm 
Gorilla

I'm Your Man wrote:
That's good :D When are you gonna do that hardcore circuit training thing that I wrote? Your arms will be completely finished after this :)

I'm so afraid of it. lol And there's only 1kg, 2kg and 3kg weights at my gym and you wrote about 1,5kg and 2,5kg weights.

And I feel a bit shy doing that at my gym. lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next