Ninja Training Log

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had something wrong with my throat the last few days, and have wanted to avoid straining, because I think it might kind of make it worse. So I just did cardio today:

bike 60 minutes

martial arts few minutes - held each leg out for 20 seconds, new personal best.

Thanks to Daywalkers tasty suggestion, I am now up to doing 6 chinups in a set bizznatch. I hope to be back up to 10 soon, presumably it won't take long, especially as I used to be able to do that.

Oh you guys better be freakin ready for my new ninja costume after Christmas

okay, I totally ate crap on Christmas day and today, I think it was heavy comfort eating because I feel so miserable at this time of year, and even worse with what's been happening in my family. And now I feel bad physically from eating this crap, why did i even do it... Anyway, that's enough shitty food for me, tomorrow it's back to kale and broc and lots of water.

okay, I totally ate crap on Christmas day and today, I think it was heavy comfort eating because I feel so miserable at this time of year, and even worse with what's been happening in my family. And now I feel bad physically from eating this crap, why did i even do it... Anyway, that's enough shitty food for me, tomorrow it's back to kale and broc and lots of water.

Food wise, I know exactly what you mean! arrrgg!

Hey ninja, how's the training going?

10pullupsbizznatch, or what?!

Yo, well yesterday I did 7 pullups. I really wanted to do 8 but couldn't. I am happy with 7 though, only 3 away from my target. I keep doing small sets of 3 or 4 now several times during the day.

Today I went back to the gym, haven't been for over a week, although I have been doing some training at home.

bike 20 minutes

chest fly machine

can't remember exactly but I did 6 sets like 12,12,12,10,8,8 the last one was 110lbs

chest press machine

again, not sure about the weight >_< but did 3 sets of 10

dumbell press

17.5kg in each hand, x10 this felt REALLY EASY, i was surprised, felt like I was just chucking them around, so I went straight to;

22.5kg x 8

25kg x 5

good pump from that

hammer curls 12.5kg each hand x10

bicep curls 7.5kg each hand x8

martial arts for a good while

ab crunches 15,12,15,15

bike 10 minutes

felt really good afterwards, the best I have felt for a long time, really cleared my head. Then I got home, ate steamed kale, broccoli, sweet potato, some fried onions and mushrooms, and then 4 bananas. FOUR

Been really ill the last few days, lost my voice, got some kind of flu / cold thing. I am really frustrated because I want to train, but feeling this way there is no point, i'd just make myself more ill. But once I recover, I'll be kicking you in the balls like it's 2007

Okay, I am almost better now. I went to the gym yesterday, did some stuff, and the day before I had done some pullups and stuff.

Today, so far:

chinups: 4,4,4,4,4,3,7,3,4,4 (total so far: 41) - new personal best of total chinups in one day!

press ups: 17, 15, 10 (total so far 42)

• 1 month later...

...What do you mean I've been lazy for the last month? HAH

So uh yeah, yesterday I started working out a bit more seriously again:

chin ups:

3, 3, 4, 4, 3 (17 total)

resting back against the wall and bending knees 90 degrees and holding for ten seconds x 12

bench press:

(can't remember the weight)

6, 8, 6, 6

one legged calf raises (each leg):

30, 20, 20

abdominus ab crunches (slow, 2 seconds going up, 2 going down)

15, 15, 15, 15, 15

Squats 20

• 1 month later...

Uh, uh uh!

Yeah I had another lapse *kicks self in the face and falls onto a burning table*

However, I have been back at it in a new way. Gym membership expired, and now I am doing more bodyweight stuff and some dumbbell. What I'm doing now is:

Chinups - concentrating on these, back up to sets of 5 again, happy

Sit ups (in a cradle thing I bought which rocks)

Press ups

bicep curls

shoulder raises

side leg raises / front raises

squats

tip toes

jumping / hopping / jogging on a jogger trampette which is awesome

punching with weights in hands (intense!)

bench press

AND PRACTICING JUMP KICKS AGAIN

Thanks for reminding me, I will start to post what I am doing again. Maybe I will lock this and start fresh with a new one.