***BODY TRANSFORMATION-VEGAN STYLE***

Hi guys,

I am going to start a journal and do my best to keep it going! I want to do a figure competition in March of 2012 and from now until then I need help! I know how to eat the standard bodybuilding meat eating diet, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to vegan pre-contest diet training. I hope to post my exercise and diet with you all here and get some critiquing advice from all of you!

I started back at the gym after a 2 month break on Saturday. this is what I did (going from memory, as I forgot to write it down during my training)

12.5lb dumbell in each hand - stationary front step lunges (12) split lunges (10) stationary step back lunges (6) --- did these back to back as one set. Did 4 sets of this.

smith machine squats (only lifted 50lbs since I've been away from the gym for so long.) 4 sets of 12...

SUPER SET W/ stiff legged deadlifts with bar plus 20lbs 4 sets of 12

isolated leg extensions 30lbs each leg until it burned, then dropped down to 10lbs to make sure I was finishing a full set of 10-12 reps. Did 3 sets of these

lying hamstring curl 40lbs 3 sets of 12,10,10

glute kickback machine 40lbs 3 sets of 12 on each side of the bum

inner things machine 80lbs 3 sets of 10-12

outter thigh/glutes machine 70lbs 3 sets of 10-12

35 min cardio @ 3.4 @ 4.o incline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

meal 1 - shake consisting of 28grams of hemp protein, 2 cups water, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon stevia powder, about 10g of almond butter, ice

meal 2 - shake consisting of 28 grams of hemp protein, 1 cup water 1 cup plain flavored almond milk, 1 tablespoon stevia, 10g pb, 1/2 banana

1/2 cup oats

meal 3 - went a little crazy on some flax crackers from costco and flavored hummus

meal 4 - big green salad

meal 5 - that same shake again as earlier

I know I need to figure out my protein, fats and carbs but how do you do that without it being this tedious job of looking everything up? I need help putting together my diet!!

These are current pictures of me now. I have put on weight in the last two months and I want it gone! I haven't been doing much though so I'm back but I have always eaten the standard meat eating diet which I know how to do. A vegan diet for lean muscle mass, I need HELP!

THANKS GUYS!!

Carre

1887321812_async1.jpg.21ac3fb422eccbb2a37c1c4d14665149.jpg

627000886_async2.jpg.82c5ea17276c974bb974bb2fb97afc00.jpg

1392646409_async4.jpg.0ef8541a1f17b1ec8a770521eca30476.jpg

Ok, today I did shoulders, biceps and triceps..

SHOULDERS:

17.5 lb dumbbells each hand shoulder press 4 sets of 12-10 reps

supersetted with 90 degree bent over lateral raise w/ 10lb dumbells in each hand 4 sets of 10-8

front dumbbell raise w/ 10lb weights each hand, 4 sets of 12

supersetted w/ one arm shoulder press w/ that same 10lb weight until fatigued.

cable upright rows w/ 40lbs, 3 sets of 12-10 reps

supersetted with cable side lateral raise w/ 10lb. weights until fatigued.

BICEPS:

cable curls w/ 40lbs 3 sets of 12

supersetted w/ 12.5 lb dumbell curls 3 sets until fatigued

dual high cable curls w/ 20lb weights 3 sets of 10

TRICEPS:

cable pull downs 40lbs. 3 sets of 12

supersetted w/ reverse cable curls behind the head 10lbs. 3 sets until fatigued

dumbell kickbacks on the bench w/ 10lb. dumbbells 3 sets of 12

35 min cardio on treadmill @ 5 incline, speed 3.5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOOD:

meal 1 - Protein shake consisting of 1/2 banana, 1 cup water, 1 cup almond milk -plain, 1 tablespoon stevia, 10g. almond butter, 28g. hemp protein

meal 2 - after workout -

Same shake as above, w/ 1/2 cup of oats w/ water

meal 3 - 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas raw w/ 1 veggie burger patty, few sliced baked potatoes - seasoned and salted

meal 4 - big green salad w/ an orange in it, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 tablespoon udo's oil, 1 tablespoon low fat organic salad dressing

HAVING A HARD TIME SQUEEZING IN MORE MEALS BEFORE BEDTIME..

two entries made! Ok, I can stick with this!!

C'ya peeps

Nice going on the 40lb bicep curls...

As far as the number of meals... It really comes down to planning ahead of time. (something I really have to work at) But it pays off big time. When I'm off to work, I use one those larger coolers with the single handle on top. My mid day meals have to add up to around 1200 calories/100 grams protein. (body builder workouts) The last 1000 calories and 125 grams protein I get at breakfast and meals/shakes at home after work.

You already have a food journal going so big plus there.

If you have not yet got Robert Cheeke's book, I would recomend it 1000%.

Really helped me plan/stratagize meals/workout's etc...

Ok, an update from memory:

Tuesday ~

Back day (just had augmentation done so can't do chest and found that I need to keep things a bit 'chill' on certain back exercises still)

One are dumbbell rows 20lbs 4 sets of 12

high cable straight arm pull down 40lbs 3 sets of 12-10

seated cable row 45lbs 3 sets of 12-10

seated high cable pull down 52.5lbs 3 sets of 12

reverse pec dec 10lbs 4 sets of 12-10

back extensions w/ 10lb plate held 4 sets of 10

35 min cardio @ 5 incline speed 3.7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

didn't get in enough food today.

Did like two shakes and a quinoua, mixed beans, peas, homemade tomato sauce mixture

-----------------------------

Wednesday =

Off from gym

Did HIIT on home treadmill for 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

still didn't get in enough food today

meal 1 - protein shake

meal 2 - quinoa, mixed beans, peas, tomato sauce mixture

meal 3- protein shake

nibbled on some crusted tofu I made for the family in between meal 2 and 3

I just ordered Robert Cheeke's book so I'm hoping that will help me get some food ideas so that I'm better prepared and I can get back to eating 6 small meals a day.

C'ya peeps!

No action in the gym since Wednesday, too sore! I have been keeping up with the 35 min incline cardio @ 3.5 the past couple of days. Today is Saturday and, although still a bit sore in the calves and hammies, I plan to get to the local track for some bleacher sprints and abs. Something, as opposed to nothing right?!

I did HIIT and that left me sore in the calves from Wednesday (I think that's when I did those) so I've been taking it easy. I did just resume working out after a 2 month break so I have to remind myself to ease back into things.

I am still hoping for some diet suggestions from someone, anyone..!

I ordered Robert Cheeke's book, hope that helps some

I know how to workout, just need to fuel myself right.

Until next time..

Carre.

Evening all,

Today's efforts:

30 min 8incline 3.5 speed treadmill walk

Legs:

seated leg extensions 4 sets till failure while increasing weights each set 45,60, 67.5, 75

lying leg press machine 4 sets till failure, first set 90lbs(1 45lb plate each side) last 3 sets 2 45lb weights each side ttl of 180 + weight of machine

smith machine squats 4 sets 90lb till failure

inner and outer thigh seated machine 4 sets till failure (inner 80lbs) (outer 80lbs)

donkey kick backs with ankle weights of 5lbs 4 sets till failure

lying down bridge for hams and glutes 2 sets till failure

Additional 35min slight incline @ 3.5 speed walk on teadmill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

protein shake (1c water, 1c almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1 tbspn stevia, 10g almond butter, ice) 15g. hemp protein

large spinach salad w/ strawberries, beans, sunflower seeds and about 2 tablespoons of ff italian dressing

protein shake (same as above) plus about 1/2 cup basmati rice w/ 1tsp teryaki sauce, and chopped veggies sauteed with coconut oil

another protein shake from above..not very well prepared and gone from the house a lot today..

I know my diet isn't what it should be..help!!!

Ok, until next time!

Ok, lets see where we are..

I took Monday off and did only cardio - my usual 35 uphill speed walk while watchign the casey anthony trial!

Tuesday I did biceps and back:

Started with biceps today so I could back with husband when he showed up ~

seated incline dumbbell curls 12.5 lbs each arm 4 sets each arm until failure

supersetted with standing dumbbell curls with the same weight until failure - one arm at a time

cable pulley's bicep curls - 27.5 each arm - did 4 sets till failure

low cable straight bar bicep curls 40lbs, 4 sets till failure

1 arm isolated high cable bicep curls (arm sraight outt in front holding pulley, curling arm/weight towards ear) 20lbs 4 setss each arm till failure

Back:

seated behing the neck cable pull downs 40lbs, then increased to 60lbs for last 3 sets till failure on all

super setted with straight arm pull down 60lbs till failure

close grip seated cable pull downs 4 sets till failure

seated close grip rows 60lbs 4 sets till failure

35min uphill speed walking/plus that evening a second set of cardio same as earlier

that be all folks, for now!

Just recieved Robert's book and will be devouring all it's contents asap so I can get my eating on track.

Took Tuesday off,, felt like a neglectful self centered mommy so I hung with my sweet little kiddies and put them first.

I did do about 25 min of running while jumping rope in the evening to make up for my lack of excersise yesterday and the fact that i scarfed down the rest of the choclate covered pomegrantes ..

I just got back from the gym and today is Wednesday ~

Triceps and shoulders

Shoullders:

Did military presses with 17.5lb weighs each arm 4 sets till failure (about 8-10)

supersetted with 10lb each arm lateral raises till failurre (about 10)

supersetted that with 10lb each arm front dumbell raises (what is the technical term here?) until failure

Low pulley cable with straight bar, close grip upright rows 4 sets tll failure with 40lbs

supersetted that with one arm leaning side lateral raises with low cable pulley 10lbs till failure each arm

Triceps:

cable pull downs 4sets till failure 20-30lbs

supersetted that with one arm behid the neck revers bicep curls 10lbs each arm till failure

skull crushers with 20lbs 4 sets of about 10-12

supersetted with close grip pushes from the waist with that 20lb bar til failure

35 min speed walk up hill.

Can anyone tell me why when I'm typing, it seems if it's somewhat lengthy, I can no longer see what I'm typing..like the screen won't go down that far as I type and I start to not be able to see what I'm typing, yet it allows me to keep typing and to see what I've typed I need to use my scroll bar to move down the page to viiew it but the second I start to type again, it kind of flickers while I type and doesn't let me see what I've typed ...

does that make ANY SENSe? It's sooooo annoying.

• 6 months later...
Can anyone tell me why when I'm typing, it seems if it's somewhat lengthy, I can no longer see what I'm typing..like the screen won't go down that far as I type and I start to not be able to see what I'm typing, yet it allows me to keep typing and to see what I've typed I need to use my scroll bar to move down the page to viiew it but the second I start to type again, it kind of flickers while I type and doesn't let me see what I've typed ...

does that make ANY SENSe? It's sooooo annoying.

This happens to me occasionally. I don't know why or how to fix it. Sorry!