Ready for the new year!

So much has changed with me since I last posted here! I am excited for the new year and I plan to start eating better and training harder!

Name: John John John

Email address: [email protected]

New Year’s Resolution Goal: To be able to do 20 consecutive muscle-ups, to be able to get 225 for 8 reps on the incline bench press, to be able to do 8 chin-ups with two 45 lb plates tied to me, and to be able to run a 5:15 mile. Also, I would like to get up to about 180 lbs. Right now I weigh 155 soaking wet.

Start Date: January 1st?

Desired Achievement Date: May 2012

Past workout History: I've been lifting on and off for the past 7 years. I work as a personal trainer now and have been lifting pretty steadily for about a year now. I do lots of chin-ups and dips. The only cardio I really do is kayaking or racquetball a few times per month.

Biggest Obstacles: Being too skinny, not eating enough, not getting enough protein, hating cardio, trying to figure out if I should eat organic free-range eggs or not.

Favorite Foods: Guacamole, organic apples, coconut oil, peanut butter, dark chocolate, lentils, oranges, fruit juice

Favorite Exercises: incline bench press, muscle-ups, chin-ups, dips, plyometric squat jumps

Current training frequency: Not much at all right now since I just had a wisdom teeth extracted and I bruised my kidney last week. Normally I train hard about 2 or 3 days per week.

Any injuries or info your mentor should have: Previous rotator-cuff injury so I try not to break right angles when benching. Lots of other minor training-related injuries, but nothing that really gets in the way of my workouts

The last time I worked out was Monday, 12-12-11: Plyometric squat jumps at waist-height, 3x10. Muscle-ups: 3x8. Weighted close-grip chins: 1x8 @ +25lbs, 1x8 @ +45 lbs. Incline bench press: a few warm up sets, then 1x8 @ 195 lbs.

I have been trying to keep a food log. Yesterday I had a kale smoothie with mixed berries and orange juice and then some collards and pinto beans and mixed veggies and then another smoothie with peanut butter and mixed berries and V8 Splash juice. Today I had a giant bowl of green baby lima beans with smart balance, a large cup of V8 Splash juice, an orange, and then some leftover collards and pinto beans.

• 2 weeks later...

Since getting that tooth pulled, I had just been eating lots of lentil soup, dairy-free coconut milk ice cream, and peanut butter smoothies.

12-26-11: It has been two weeks since I worked out. Attempted Frank Medrano's chest workout. The first part of the workout is to do 30 muscle-ups. Frank does 30 in two sets. I did a set of 6, 3 sets of 5, 2 sets of 4, and a set of 3 for a total of 32. But my form was really bad and I ended up straining something in my neck. I should have done 10 sets of 3 with perfect form instead of trying to do sets of 5 or 6 with bad form. I also tried to do some incline bench pressing, but I only ended up getting 175 lbs for 8 reps which is really pathetic.

12-28-11: 3 minute jog, some dips, and some shoulder rotations for warm-up. Then incline bench press: 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 185x7

Then some close grip chin-ups: bodyweight x 5, +25 lbs x5, +45 lbs x 7.

12-30-11: Had two more wisdom teeth removed. Had some bean chili for breakfast. Had some lentil soup for dinner. Had some peanut butter and some dairy-free coconut milk mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. I don't get anywhere near the amount of protein that everyone tells me I need. Which is why I used to eat some organic free-range eggs because it is such easy protein. But I haven't been eating any eggs in a while because I got a bit sketched about cholesterol.