Brandon Benenati's January Journal

Hi everyone!

Excited to be holding myself accountable for actually working out. I haven't done much of it in the past but after going vegan in November and seeing the results people can get on a vegan diet, I've decided to give it a shot myself. Good luck and the best of wishes to everyone on here who is training

Fitness Background:

Martial arts (Karate)

Long Distance Running

Starting Stats:

Weight: 160lbs

BF%: 18%

Waist: 35"

Goal Stats:

BF%: 12%

Waist: 32"

My Dropbox Before Photos:

*No flexing or special poses, just the usual profiles

Front View - https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/Front%20View%20-%20Before.jpg?w=2db19fb5

Side View 1 - https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/Side%20View%20-%20Before.jpg?w=600f9f8d

Side View 2 - https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/Side%20View%202%20-%20Before.jpg?w=adf24f6d

I'd say "enjoy" but I'm not much to look at right now. Haha.

-

Brandon

Edited by brandonbenenati

Monday, January 2nd, 2012

Upon waking: 1/2 liter of water

Workout:

1 circuit of Men's Health Spartacus Workout (Ideally it would be 3 circuits & 3x a week)

1 Minute of each exercise, as many reps as you can

(I used 20lb dumbbells used throughout)

-Goblet Squat

-Mountain Climber

-Single-arm dumbbell swing

-T-Pushup

-Split Jump (Very difficult to balance at this point for me)

-Dumbbell Row

-Dumbbell Side Lunge and Touch

-Pushup-position row

-Dumbbell lunge and rotation

-Dumbbell Push Press

Breakfast/Recovery: Fruit smoothie (3 bananas with water) and some Vita Coca Coconut Water with Pineapple

Recovery Snack: 1lb green peas with Earth Balance Soy Free Spread

Lunch: Foot long hearty itallian Subway sub with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumbers, spinach, oil and spicy mustard

Snack: Starbucks Grande Chai Tea with Soy Milk and a plain Multi-Grain Bagel

Dinner: Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs and a Salad with Italian Dressing

Snack: Green Machine Naked Juice

Throughout the Day: Lots of water

Tuesday. January 3rd, 2012

Upon waking: 500ml of water

Breakfast: 1 1/4 cup brown rice (uncooked amount)

Snack: 1lb green peas with Earth Balance Soy Free Spread

Workout: 30 Seconds Hills Sprints x5 (This is the first time I've ever run hill sprints and my legs are now quite sore on top of lots of squat motions in yesterday weight training circuit.)

Recovery: Frozen Apple Smoothie with Water

Snack: Smucker's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter on Whole Wheat Bread

Lunch: Alexia Harvest Sweets (frozen veggie packet with oil and herbs) over top of Organic Baby Spinach (which I found out tastes excellent all by itself!)

It was my last one as I thought they were vegan but it turns out they have honey in this particular variant so I won't be buying it anymore. The other 3 variations are safe I believe. They are a nice go to meal for when my mom doesn't know what to cook for me when I visit. Haha. She was interested in looking at my Veganomicon though

Dinner: 2 Fresco Style Bean Burritos from Taco Bell (It counts as vegan but I know I was bad!)

Whole Wheat Pasta with Marinara Sauce

2 Pieces of homemade bread with Earth Balance Soy Free Spread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brandon, checking in on team VeganProteins, what's good?

Stick with it. You said it yourself, there is a forum of people here that are already doing it and so it can be done. Consistency, eh? I'm working on the same thing myself for the long run.

You have a fitness background so this should be a walk in the park for you as you budget in resistance training with weights.

I look forward to seeing your journal entries and progression. We should post after pics every month or two. Glad to have you on the team buddy. yeaaa.. BUDDY.

Your dropbox links didn't allow me to upload or view the pics btw.

See ya around.