Lunch:

Lentil Soup

Salad w/nutritional yeast and sprouts for protein

Snack:

Pineapple and veggies

Lydia's Organic Bar

Soy milk in coffee

Dinner:

Big Buddha Bowl with tons of veggies and lots of sprouts and ginger (water cooked)

Dessert:

Carob powder, soymilk, kamut puffed cereal with lots of blueberries

Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXOX

Sunday! Yesterday was my rest day and I was traveling. I went to an awesome health food store that I haven't been to in 6 years! They still serve this amazing salad with cabbage, grilled tofu, roasted almonds and sesame seeds! I also found a no-oil hummus and no-oil black bean dip! No, I'm all about healthy fats- but I like to add my own! Normally a black bean or hummus dip (store bought) has 50- 80 calories for just 2 tablespoons and the oil is usually a blend of canola and others. These were between 11 to 18 calories for the same size serving! Then you can drizzle on your own high quality oil or add nuts, avocados, seeds, etc! You can also easily make your own black bean dip with black beans, garlic, water, cumin and other seasonings!

Today was a boxing lesson with my coach. Usually I like to run prior to training but it was only 1 degree out this morning and I thought that would probably not be a very good 'warm up' so I skipped the run and will run tomorrow!

My coach gave me a great pep talk today about my mentality in the ring! He said I'm boxing like a long distance runner! And I was thinking? What? I am a long distance runner... I thought that was good. He said you're pacing yourself like you're on a 12 mile run. You can't do that in the ring! It's a sprint in here- you only have 3 minutes- make them count!

I'm always planning. I'm worried I'm going to 'bonk' like I'm running a marathon and I can't do that! It's a good metaphor for life too- sometimes you just have to sprint- just get in there and get it done!

Breakfast was a smoothie with vega sport.

After training: Oats

Snack: Raw buckwheat cereal with cocoa and nuts and dried fruit- unsweetened banana chips (favorite)

Lunch: Lentil soap with quinoa and a salad with nutritional yeast

Snacks: Fruit and coffee w/unsweetened organic soymilk

Dinner: homemade seitan and salad

After dinner: Vega and blueberries with almond milk

xoxox

Monday, Jan 16th:

AM Workout: 40 Mins Arc Trainer

30 Mins Running

Cardio only day

Pre workout: 1/2 green smoothie

Post workout: 1/2 green smoothie

Breakfast: Oats w/ chia and berries

Soy milk and coffee

Lunch: Homemade seitan sauteed with green beans and mushrooms over salad with sprouts and topped with nutritional yeast

Snacks & Dinner: Not there yet, but Dinner will probably be homemade soup and I'll have some fruit or protein shake for snacks!

Enjoy your day and your week! xoxox Amanda

Hi Amanda!!

How is your Tuesday going??

I have never tried to prepare seitan, but have always wanted to. We need to exchange recipes!!

I like reading your posts also! You are one hard working woman, that's for sure!!

You definitely got it goin' on GIRL!!

How's the weather today? The bitter cold has finally lifted here in Toronto, actually it is drizzling rain today, which is a nice change from temps dipping down past 10F!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day my dear!!

Talk to you soon!!

Oh!! I need you to walk me through how to upload a pic on this site, I can't seem to get it right!

Ciao Bella!

xo

Hi Amanda!!

How is your Tuesday going??

I have never tried to prepare seitan, but have always wanted to. We need to exchange recipes!!

I like reading your posts also! You are one hard working woman, that's for sure!!

You definitely got it goin' on GIRL!!

How's the weather today? The bitter cold has finally lifted here in Toronto, actually it is drizzling rain today, which is a nice change from temps dipping down past 10F!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day my dear!!

Talk to you soon!!

Oh!! I need you to walk me through how to upload a pic on this site, I can't seem to get it right!

Ciao Bella!

xo

Hi Jenny,

OK- so the picture thing- took me FOREVER. But I googled' forum avitar generator' and several sites came up. You upload the photo there and it will generate a code. See if that works, if not I'll see if I can find the site that I used!

YES- we def need to exchange recipes. The seitan was actually so easy! My first attempt too. I bought a box of vital wheat gluten and then followed the box- the secret for me was I boiled it in mushroom broth rather than veggie stock to cook it! It gave it an awesome flavor and then I stored it in the broth I cooked it in! I also got out my food scale and divided up the batch into servings to I can just grab them and use the seitan in any recipes. It's 70 cals and 10 grams of protein per serving! NICE

Today I discovered that if you mix vega choc sport with unsweetened, plain almond milk you can use it as chocolate milk over your cereal (I was eating puffed Kamut with strawberries)

Weather here is rough! So windy today! I need to go visit RC in Texas I think! Let's plan a trip! xoxo Hope you are fab! Enjoy your day!

Hey KIDS! So today is usually my speed work day - either 400's or 800's. BUT I wasn't feeling it so I decided to make today my long run day and just busted out my 8 mile training run. I ended up doing more work and now tomorrow I'm not dreading my speed day! Funny how that works!

Breakfast today I discovered a fun 'chocolate milk' cereal idea (see above post).

For lunch I had large salad and homemade lentil soup- I used mushroom broth which gave it an awesome flavor!

For dinner I'll make sauteed veggies with homemade seitan and a salad!

Hope you're enjoying your day! xo Amanda

Hello All- Today I hit my 400 meter sprints! I LOVE the feeling of getting them done! They always kick my butt - in a good way!

Today I did 10 x 400's and 20 minutes on the Arc trainer to cool down.

How is everyone doing? I can't believe we're already this far in the program! I'm so proud of all of you for your hard work and dedication to yourselves and your health! KEEP IT UP! xo

Hey you! Great job!! I know, we're already like 2/3 through the program! It's been life-changing for me! I hope I will keep with it for a lifetime. Thank YOU for all your help and knowlege!! You're my hero!

Thank you Karen! You're so sweet! I am so happy to be able to share with you and everyone else! It's such a fulfilling experience! xo You are MORE than welcome!

Hello All- Happy Monday! This weekend I boxed and had a rest day on Saturday (as usually) - I also boxed Friday night!

This morning I did a 7 mile run and have spent the rest of the day returning emails and studying! Someone said to me recently that 'the days go slow, but the weeks go fast' SO TRUE! And it's a good thought to think about with sticking to our programs! Sometimes starting the day can be overwhelming. What difference does today make if I don't workout or don't eat well. Soon a whole week of good choices can be yours if you just do it (and stick to it) today!

Here's what I ate today:

AM (pre run) Green smoothie w/Vega Original Flavor WFO

(post workout) Oats w/chia and cranberries

Lunch: Salad with grilled homemade seitan and squash over a large salad and a Lydia's Organics crunch bar

Snack: Primal strip (seitain lime flavor) and fresh carrots and celery

Coffee w/steamed soymilk

Dinner: I'm thinking grilled Tempeh and salad

Dessert: Blueberries

Have a wonderful day! xo

Hello everyone! This moring was 60 mins per breakfast cardio on the elloptical. After work was 1 hour of boxing!

Breakfast: green smoothie and oatmeal

Lunch: fresh pineapple, Lydia's bar, large salad

Snack: primal strip and carrots

Dinner: green smoothie, veggie soup and salad

Dessert: blueberries with almond milk and topped with vega sport chocolate and carob powder (blueberry chocolate icecream)

Xoxox have a great night!

Do you blend the blueberries, milk, and Vega? Or just pour it all in a bowl and eat it like cereal? I'm confused.

Hey lady! Here's my method:

Add frozen berries to a bowl or large class, top with powder (carob, cinnamon, etc) and coat the berries then pour the almond milk over - like cereal. I usually then mash it up! If you blend it, it gets too much like a smoothie and I like to eat it with a spoon rather than drink it. Hope that helps! It's YUMMY!

Hello All! Today was my long run day- 9 miler!

Breakfast: Green smoothie with Vega Sport

Oats with chia and cranberries

Soymilk in coffee

Lunch: Large salad with nutrition yeast, balsamic dressing, seitan and Lydia's bar

Snack: Pineapple and puffed brown rice with almond milk and vega chocolate sport on top

Dinner: Veggie soup, salad and grilled tempeh

Dessert: See above (it's always the same)

As you can see, my days are pretty predictable diet wise. I pack everything in advance and take it with me or have it ready for when I come home. On the weekends I'm not as strict usually but now that I'm training for some events this spring and during the year, I'll be tight with everything even on the weekends!

Cheers! Enjoy your day! xo

Hi Kids! Happy FRIDAY!

This morning I did 1 hour of pre breakfast cardio on the elliptical. After that I had a 1/2 a smoothie and 1/2 my oatmeal and went to boxing- spar training with my coach! AWESOME! SUCH an amazing workout! He's so encouraging and forces me to push myself- I LOVE IT!

Lunch: Salad bar salad with all the veggies. I brought a primal strip with me since I knew there wouldn't be any vegan protein options.

Snack: Lydia's bar and coffee w/soy milk

Dinner: Big salad

Dessert: The usual

xoxo ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

Yesterday was awesome workout wise! I kicked my own butt- and I loved it! I woke up unsure of what workout I wanted to do- short run and boxing or long run and no boxing.... well, I ended up doing a long 6 miler and boxing for an hour! I ran to the front desk at my gym and asked for free t-shirt b/c I did just a long run I didn't leave myself time to go home and change and I was all sweaty! So I grabbed my random new member shirt that looked like a dress on me and headed down the boxing gym. I told the coach I was only staying for 1/2 the workout and he said, yeah I can imagine. But then 1/2 way through the other coach said 'yeah, you're fit you can handle hard training days. i'll be here all day training people' then I thought, gees well know I have to stay for the whole class! The class was more intense then usual- we ended up doing a ton of leg work during out conditioning sessions- squats, lunges, mountain climbers, hi knees, you name it! Awesome! So I started out the day planning on just running a little and ended up feeling amazing for pushing myself! It was great!

Today is a rest day- and now I feel like I really earned it! That's great too!

CHEERS! Enjoy your day! xo

Thanks Karen! You're a sweetie!

Today I did a 5 Miler + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

I slept in this morning which I NEVER do! I let my body rest - which I know it needed. I'm trying to focus more on the mind + body connection. We get so focused on what's on the outside and deny our needs for rest (mental and physical). Nourishing your body with good clean vegan food and exercise is amazing- keep doing it and if you aren't - let's do it together- start today! BUT don't deny your needs for rest and destressing. Spend time praying, reading (no computers or phones), taking a walk or watching a funny movie. I want to admit, I'm terrible at this- but I'm seeing the negative impact of not taking time to slow down and enjoy the moment- you miss out of so much when you're not taking time to be present. So, as we focus on the body- let's not forget the mind and spirt! xo

Time really goes by so fast! I can't believe our month program for January is over today! I've loved every second of it! Thank you all for being an inspiration to me and to each other! It's been wonderful getting to know everyone and learning about each of your stories! Please keep in touch with me and update me on your progress or let me know if you have any questions about anything!

I am truly blessed to have had this opportunity! Big hugs all around!!!!!

xoxo Amanda

Amanda, we're so lucky to have YOU! You've been so generous with your time and efforts, and thank you SO MUCH! Your knowledge and experience has been invaluable. And your support, incredible! Thank you for being so awesome!

Gosh, I feel like we're all saying our goodbyes, like it's the last day of school before summer break! Whereas, I hope that in actuality, little will change between today and tomorrow! Haha!

Thanks for being so awesome!!!!!

• 2 years later...