Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zen's 2012 training journal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:21 pm 
Rabbit

Have not been in here to update my journal in ages! Between work, nutrition school and studying for personal trainer cert I'm so busy! Today is cardio and abs only as far as training goes. I'm struggling with my schedule lately.
Breakfast
gf oats, coconut,chia seeds, cacao, sun warrior
Lunch
Red Curried Lentils, spinach and rice
Snack
Raw Rev bar
3 liters of h20

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:11 pm 
Rabbit

I'm going to be focusing on leaning out a little bit through the summer . I really need to work on cutting some body fat as it goes right to my lower body and abdominal area since my thyroid problems started . Here's some recent photos.Hopefully by mid summer I'll have some good progress photos:)

Last edited by all zen on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:55 am 
Rabbit

Meals packed for work today
Oats,blueberries,raisins,cranberries, walnuts
Lentils,spinach,grilled peppers,eggplant & zucchini
Dinner will be bbq- Tempeh and grilled veggies and salad

Will be training tonight-post later on

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:52 pm 
Rabbit

I'm dealing with some knee problems and going to see the ortho next week. Hopefully nothing serious but I've been having pain in both knees for some time and alot of popping and cracking in my right knee. Crossing fingers nothing serious so I can really ramp up my training soon. Have not been able to train lower body for weeks:(

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 pm 
Rabbit

Have ortho appointment tomorrow for my knee ...seriously pulling my hair out not being able to do lower body workouts! Ugh!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:32 pm 
Rabbit

No workouts posted for a while. Doing a detox cleanse (Ultimate Reset)
MRI show's I have a torn meniscus and a cyst that need to be removed from my right knee and I have alot wear damage in my left meniscus due to compensating for my right knee. *sigh* I want to work out so bad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:46 pm 
VBB Moderator

How have you been? Did you have knee surgery? Recovering okay? I wanted to ask you questions about becoming a trainer and also about nutrition school, but I haven't seen you post for a while. Hope everything is going well.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 pm 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
How have you been? Did you have knee surgery? Recovering okay? I wanted to ask you questions about becoming a trainer and also about nutrition school, but I haven't seen you post for a while. Hope everything is going well.

-Dylan

Hey Dylan, WOW Has it really been almost a year since I've posted here!?? Its been a crazy exhausting year. I had knee surgery in December and both knees are still hurting so I'm still in a recovery period I guess. Working on regaining lower body strength with my new limitations. I was also doing my Holistic Health Coach training for the last year (just graduated on Tuesday actually) so this consumed most of my extra time outside of my regular job. I did put my personal training studies on hold during that time but I'm back at it and should be testing in the summer. I also want to do the eCornell Plant based program at some point this year. If you're interested in the studies that I was doing here is the website www.integrativenutrition.com and if you're interested in talkin to a rep from the school send me your email and I can have someone contact you :) It was a fantastic program.
I'm using Ace online study program to get certified. www.acefitness.org
Thanks for reaching out , I need to get back in here! Have a fantastic week!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 pm 
VBB Moderator

Congrats on graduating and thank you very much for sharing that info, I will check out all of those links. I'm not sure I have any time currently, I have several projects as well as starting a new job, but I'd like to make time in the not too far off future.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 pm 
Rabbit

Feels like home in here! Long time no posts! I got really wrapped up in some projects,knee surgery/recovery and school but starting a new program on Monday May 6th. My knee is still somewhat funky feeling and I may need to see the Ortho and physical therapist just to be sure that its all normal but yeah starting monday I'll be starting Body Beast so here goes! Will post some new pics as well along the way .

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:48 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yeah so where are the new pics and posts haha?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:17 pm 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
Yeah so where are the new pics and posts haha?

HAHA! Hey Dylan, Thanks for the reminder! :P

I'll get back in here , promise! I've been having stomach pain and for some time now , actually its been months and I thought it was related to stress ...maybe an ulcer? so finally went to the Dr. earleir this week. They ran some tests that showed I have a mass in my liver so I have more tests tomorrow and (CT scan with contrast of liver ) and endoscopy next week. Not feeling very well and everything I eat make me super nauseous so I'm not getting enough fuel right now to do any training except for some yoga.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:35 pm 
VBB Moderator

Its been too long, again, time to fill us in with an update!

Post subject: Re: Zen again "2014"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:38 pm 
Rabbit

Well hello little neglected journal, we meet again...How I've missed you :) Facebook has been eating my life! Aaaackkk!
It's a little late in the new year but I'd like to post some of my 2014 general goals to help keep myself accountable.

1. Make my own fitness training a #1 priority above anything else (making my needs a priority never happens in my life)
2. Purge personal/household belongings and donate- Keep clutter to a minimum. I think I perform much better without clutter anywhere in my office or living space.
3. Keep a food journal to pin point some possible food sensitivities I'm having. (which I'll do here )
4. Get eight hours of sleep nightly
5. Limit time on Social media other than business related things (Health Coaching ect. )

Today's Meals
Doing 21 Day Fix from Beachbody and started on Monday Feb 24th which was my birthday! So no Birthday goodies!
1. Green smoothie / protein shake- Kale , spinach, pear, Garden of life raw protein , water
2. Veggie bowl - Pinto beans, brown rice, kale, spinach , mushrooms, asparagus , salsa
3. Carrots, hummus
4. Salad , beans, tempeh & roasted veggies
5. Shakeology blended with spinach & berries

Trained legs .... on a Thursday?! O.o yes schedule is wonky as hell but got it in

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:52 pm 
Rabbit

Meals today
1. Gluten free waffle, 1 c berries, vegan Shakeology/water blended
2. Hummus & carrots
3. Indian spiced veggies- Zucchini, mushrooms,kale, spinach, garbanzo beans, sweet potato
4. Blood orange & green smoothie with spinach, kale , pear
5. Zucchini "pasta" with mushroom basil marinara & white beans
6. Vegan Shakology

Training
Back & Bi's & Yoga / Foam rolling

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next