Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05 pm 
VBB Moderator

hahaha. You 2 are amusing.

Getting my burpies on, advanced style with the high knees jump.

Got back up to the mountains this weekend for some more boarding.

Any good gnocchi recipes? Feeling sweet potato-y. I tried this new to me drink almond-coconut milk mixture. Not bad.

Soccer starts this coming Wednesday. Hoping the snowboarding and the couple of pick up games plus some gym time will help me out and least in some areas. My cardio probably won't be that great but that will just be forced to be better fast I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 pm 
Manatee

C.O. wrote:
hahaha. You 2 are amusing.

Getting my burpies on, advanced style with the high knees jump.

Got back up to the mountains this weekend for some more boarding.

Any good gnocchi recipes? Feeling sweet potato-y. I tried this new to me drink almond-coconut milk mixture. Not bad.

Soccer starts this coming Wednesday. Hoping the snowboarding and the couple of pick up games plus some gym time will help me out and least in some areas. My cardio probably won't be that great but that will just be forced to be better fast I guess.

Glad we can entertain! haha
Sounds like you've got a lot of cardio goin' on now..You're going to have to hold on tight to that newly added muscle!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yeah its always a battle for me to hold weight. I like to stay active. New soccer season starts tonight!
Currently in the 3rd round of weight gaining vs losing with my gf. I won the first two but I am guessing she has an edge this month with all the cardio we are both doing.

Have any of you tried silken tofu? Its almost like a desert or a spread or something. I've been putting it on waffles.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 pm 
VBB Moderator

What's happened in the past week... first two soccer games of the season. Game 1 we win blow out, I scored a nice goal, final score 5-1. Then I catch some sort of sick bug, i feel dizzy and headaches for 2 days. I tried to play game 2 anyway, I wasn't too much help although I did steal the ball off the keep and made an assist. Unfortunately we were badly out-played and I didnt have the strength or stamina to help out my team much. We lost game 2, 1-8. So apparently this new league is pretty unbalanced.

Feeling better just in time for some 12-18 inches of snow blizzard that is supposed to hit this weekend. Hoping to get a paid day off work and that the gym stays open for me during the storm because its in walking distance.

Things Ive been eating, lots of sweet baby bell peppers in this tomato basil hummus that is really great, less dry than most hummus'. Dried blag figs. Oh and satumas, we ate like lbs and lbs of those things recently. They are so easy to peel and so good its easy to devour 3lbs in one sitting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 pm 
VBB Moderator

Alright so we had a big tie tonight, sounds funny but my soccer team played the 2nd place team and we came back from 2-4 to tie 4-4. I had a long distance goal and 1 assist. So now we are 1-2-1 and middle of the pack I think 6th out of 10 teams but it was big because we have 2 weaker teams coming up in the next couple of weeks so we'll likely move up the rankings by the end of the regular season and head into the playoffs with confidence.
Made temphe tacos tonight (gluten free even, because my gf is giving that a try). They turned out really good, ill post the recipe in that section of the forum.
My insurance somehow screwed up some data and accidently cancelled my gym membership so I need to get the taken care of, hopefully asap.
weigh in challenge #3 is this Friday. I won the first 2 vs my gf but this one is bumped up to I need to gain 200% of whatever she can lose and I havent been in the gym for a week so this may be my first loss.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:53 am 
Gorilla

Yummy, tempeh tacos sound delicious! Congratulations on your tie game tonight and for coming back from behind. Great job!

Good luck on the challenge on Friday.... :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:55 am 
VBB Moderator

Thanks Karen. I won the weight bet, easily. She actually gained a lb and I gained 4 so I guess i win by 500%? So any advice on how to motivate her. Its her goal to lose weight but she doesnt seem to put any effort into it, even with a bet on the line. Its a sensitive subject, how can I motivate her with at her taking it as me being mean or critical?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Dylan. I'd say "congratulations" on winning the bet, but under the circumstances, maybe you'd have rather not won it? I can completely relate to what you're saying. Weight loss is a very sensitive subject for me as well, and I think Robert would agree when I say that we've been in the same boat as you. The best thing you can do is be supportive and motivate her by doing physical activities together. Since Robert and I have been living together, I have lost weight because we have been going to the gym and exercising together. I just haven't had much motivation to go to the gym on my own, but when we go together, it's actually fun for me. Though I'm sure there are times when he would rather go on his own or do his own thing once we get there, the fact that we do the workout together and he acts as my cheerleader and motivates me and tells me "just two more, you've got it" and "good job" and says "look at those muscles" and "lookin' good, babe".... All those things really motivate me to keep going. But, definitely focusing on keeping your encouragement positive, rather than negative. I guess that's my 2 cents worth.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:59 pm 
VBB Moderator

Thanks Karen, I appreciate the feedback.

Temporarily not having a gym membership is killing me. I'm losing motivation, hopefully ill get my insurance worked out soon. I've been eating a lot of fruit lately (bananas, mandarins, apples, and a lot of nuts cashews and almonds mostly).

Getting in push ups, planks, and some dumb bell work today from home.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:15 pm 
VBB Moderator

So I cashed in my winning bet on dinner at Dirty Candy last night. Its a plant based restaurant, all vegetarian and all dishes can be made vegan (about half of them were originally vegan). Here is the link: http://www.dirtcandynyc.com/
There is a lot of hype about this place and I was at a cookbook release party where they had free samples that were really good so I was very excited about going last night. It was, meh. The menu didnt sound that interesting and we got the mushroom appetizer, and the corn entree and the cauliflower entree (they call everything by the name of the main ingredient). We also got the beet tiramisu with rosemary cotton candy, two glasses of white wines and one glass of non alcoholic wine (that was delicious). The non-alcoholic wine aka super fancy grape juice and the rosemary cotton candy were definitely the highlights of the meal. I wouldn't recommend this place though, maybe there was too high of expectations but I wasn't impressed at all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:32 pm 
Gorilla

That's a bummer. :( Sounds like a cool and funky place. Sorry you were disappointed. Thanks for sharing your experience. Does the place at least have a cool ambience?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 pm 
VBB Moderator

Kind of cool, but its a tiny box. One this that is cool is that the server, greeter, chef, is all the same person.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Thanks for the feedback on the site, I don't want to end up with too many banners and whatnot all over the place. I want it to serve a purpose whilst remaining simple and good-looking (like me haha). Hopefully it will direct a few people over to this forum ?!

Hope you are having a great week anyway, much planned for the weekend? Hey if you can't get to your gym I posted up a link to an ebook somewhere ~ full of great bodyweight exercises. Could be of some use to you right now. Cheers MF.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 am 
VBB Moderator

We smashed our competition tonight at my soccer game. My league is really unbalance from top to bottom. We have had a match where we lost 1-8 and today we won 10-1. It was almost not even fun and we working on passing routines rather than scoring more towards the end of the game. On a positive note we are bumped up to 5th out of 10 teams now and how one more lower ranked team I think 9th place that we play next week so we will likely enter the playoffs in a decent position.

MF you are a funny dude. On a serious note thanks for the tip, i'll search for your body weight exercise post and get into it tomorrow! Thanks man.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:33 am 
VBB Moderator

Still no luck with the gym, body weight exorcises will help keep me strong in the mean time but I miss maxing out.
Our soccer game Wednesday was a breeze. We won 6-2 and we could have won by more but I went in goal so that our keeper could play the field a bit and take some shots (i'm horrible as a keeper). I did start things out strong for us on the field with the first goal that was a header, something you dont see a ton of in indoor. So some how the stars alligned and upsets were made and we moved up from 6th to 4th just in time for the playoffs. I'm not sure if its a better draw really, I think we can beat the 3rd place team and I'm not so confident about the 1st place team (they pummeled us 1-8 earlier in the season). So we have the 5th place team in the first round who we haven't played before and then we get the winner of 1st vs 8th in the 2nd round. If we had stayed in 6th we would have the 3rd place team in the first round, who beat us but it was close and our goal keeper wasn't at that game so I think we could definitely take them, then the 2nd round we would get the winner of 2nd and 7th. I just think we'd have a better shot at making the finals if we didnt have to play the number 1 team on our way there.
As far as food goes I dont think ive been eating enough since the weight-challenge ended and so did my gym membership. I did discover Emmy's raw vegan macaroons which are amazing if you haven't tried them yet, do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next