Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

Hadnt seen the gf in 6 weeks and had been working out a ton with Robert so I was sold rock when she came to visit, it felt pretty nice to surprise her with muscles.

New food game, brown rice for breakfast, instead of cereal, I eat it hot with ground flax seeds and chocolate almond milk and blueberries.

Beer drinkers, I started a blog a couple months ago and its started to take off a bit, Im at over 1500 views so far. Here's the link if you're curious. Its a mix of funny crap and good beer.

pimpinaintyeasty.blogspot.com

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a class once on fitness for snowboarding. We learned some adaptations of squats, crawls, planks, etc. Does anyone recommend any other legs, core or back exorcises to help prepare you for snowboarding season?

Shoulders and back day today at the gym. I'll miss working out in Colorado and my workout buddy Robert Cheeke when I head back to NYC in a few days.

How about some HIIT exercises for agility and explosive strength? I would also think anything that works hip flexors would be beneficial as well. You could combine strength and power exercises in super-sets such as: walking lunges/lunge jumps, deadlifts/belt kicks, etc. I'd also think about doing some extra core work (including obliques), and not forgetting to work the lower back (back extensions, good mornings, etc.). Since snowboarding is mostly lower body work, and core, I'd probably try some of these . . .

1. Stability Ball Passback

2. Bulgarian Split Squat

3. Wide Leg Deadlift

4. Raise Oblique Dips (feet on bench, side plank position)

5. Russian Twist

6. Lunge Jumps

7. Belt Kicks

8. Reverse Lunge to Front Kick (alternating legs each set)

9. Decline Situp with Twist (add medicine ball/plate weight for added power)

10. Weighted Side Bends

11. Lo-Hi Woodchoppers

12. Side Lunges w/ DBs

Just some ideas. I would bet you would want as many functional exercises as possible, and things that support flexibility, so maybe add in some stretching as well. Might also consider some endurance work so you can ride from the bowl to the base without Where are you going boarding? If you're hitting up the Denver area, I would really recommend checking out Arapahoe Basin. It's a more local place out by Keystone. Did some of the best skiing ever there. Have a fun trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Esquinchi! Good stuff. Im back in NYC and didnt get to do any Colorado riding, the conditions werent good yet out there. Looking forward to some east coast snow to drop in the next few weeks though!

Had a tough workout last night and trained back with an old friend at my old stompin grounds Richie's gym in Bushwick, Brooklyn.

I've been doing pushups and planks in between sets. Good idea or bad idea?

Oh man I forgot about that countdown. Its taking us forever... I feel like Robert has done it on his own already and just hasnt been posting. He has like a several year long record I think of consecutive days doing over 100 pushups and 100 crunches each day.

Okay new question im faced with, ill post it elsewhere too, but, when buying a new bed in nyc, for a small room... I have to choose between nice bed that is great for the back, which gives good sleep and keeps my back healthy or having room to workout in my room and getting a futon. Their is an option of gel memory foam futon that I am going to look into. What do you guys think?

Oh man I forgot about that countdown. Its taking us forever... I feel like Robert has done it on his own already and just hasnt been posting. He has like a several year long record I think of consecutive days doing over 100 pushups and 100 crunches each day.

Okay new question im faced with, ill post it elsewhere too, but, when buying a new bed in nyc, for a small room... I have to choose between nice bed that is great for the back, which gives good sleep and keeps my back healthy or having room to workout in my room and getting a futon. Their is an option of gel memory foam futon that I am going to look into. What do you guys think?

It's not even to 100k, and I think it's been running a couple (edit: FIVE!) years haha!

Re: The Mattress - I think I'd go with a nice mattress/bed. Do you have a gym where you train? I have a futon with a spring/cotton mattress that's lasted pretty well for the past decade or so, but I'd never sleep on it today. If that's your primary bed, I think I'd want to be sure I had something that's quality over convenience.

Rejoined my old gym in Brooklyn, its been 2 years but I just moved back nearby so Im happy to be back and I have a workout buddy again which I'm excited about. Always keep it 1 hunnit when I have a partner around for motivation.

The holidays involved some dairy but I'm back on healthy foods track again to start the year off right.

Happy New Year to everyone here!

Here are my new years fitness goals:

30 pullups, 100 pushups, 3 minutes planks, win a soccer championship.

• 5 months later...