My friend asked me how to balance Calories with juicing

This is a 2 part response to questions on how to balance this calories and eating well. This is my first part response. I look forward to anyones response to this.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

― Hippocrates

Hippocrates had it right when he said this. Every food has it's rhyme and reason and for the past two years I found how by mixing my veg or fruit I can achieve different effects. For example if I consume Fruits and dates before a workout I feel like superman and after the workout for repair I have Kale,Hemp,macca I get my Amino Acids I need to repair muscle, Anti inflammatory to sooth swelling and Hormone control for the increase in cortisol. Food has a purpose and a right time and a right place.

I found when I consumed a 100% Whole foods plant based I didn't have to worry about my choleric intake. The reason being was that most of the calories I was consuming was rich in micronutrients and simply did their job nutrient wise and later My body rid of the waste fibre which flushed down the toilet one way or another. Before when I consumed Macrobiotic food Like processed breads products, Tofurkies and stuff like that did I have to watch my Caloric intake.

In the morning I'll have a blender green drink often mixed with Vega One or WFHO and minimal fruits. At 10:30 I'll have a Vega chocolate Vega performance protein powder shake. 11:30 I'll have Vega pre workout with 2 bananas and 2 three figs before my workout or run. 12:00 workout 1:00 I'll have a Chocolate Vega protein shake then eat a Good meal full of High quality protein like Quinoa or black beans ( many different variety) with a salad or mixed into one. 2:30 another chocolate Vega shake. Then around 5:30 or 6 a wicked meal mixed full of everything. 7:00 pre workout like before

Then at bed I have a Vega shake with my oils and Cal/Mag.

This diet is centred around building muscle as I have to get 380 grams of protein for muscle building.

There is a rule for proper protein intake for active people 1gram per pound of body weight to maintain and 2-2.5 for muscle building.

So when on a whole food plant based diet calories don't mean as much but balanced protein management is a way to go.

Food a science but can be attained and become very second nature when applying it. You are fit and active so I would assume .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight a day or 1grm. Valine iso luicine an luicine are the most important Amino acids to have to maintain over all muscle mass. I would also assume Managing the fruit intake or in juice or Smoothy or gluten is a good way of managing if on a vegetarian, general vegan diet or healthy diet including meat products. this is what counts Calories are a smaller part of the equation.

I have some awesome mixes for Vega products and I'll share them with you. just let me know what products you have and what flavour.

You Rock and I am already so encouraged by your connection to food and health. You inspire me.

David