Re: Darcy's Road To Welterweight
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:08 pm
Day 16 - Routine B
- Warm up - 5 minutes walk to the gym.
- Warm up sets: 2x5x45lbs, 1x5x70lbs, 1x3x105lbs, 1x2x140lbs
- Working sets: 3x5x185lbs The plan was to stay at 180lbs because of some problems I had with that weight last week, but I was feeling strong so went for 185lbs and had no issues.
- Overhead Press
- Warm up sets: 2x5x45lbs, 1x5x60lbs, 1x3x75lbs, 1x2x90lbs
- Working sets: 1x5x110lbs Managed the forst set at 110lbs, but struggles on the final rep (was more of a push press to be honest), so I dropped to 2x5x105lbs. I think it's time to deload this excercise and drop back to 85lbs for the working sets next week.
- Warm up sets: 2x5x95lbs, 1x3x140lbs, 1x2x200lbs
- Working sets: 1x5x240lbs
- 5 sets to failure at bodyweight: 4, 4, 4, 3, 3 - Felt so weak on the pullups today...