turning mrbear into a mountain!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrite pal, i think all the trouble ive had over the years have stemmed from my neck and now that ive managed to resolve most of them through physio etc...its kind of like that last thing to fix if you know what i mean. Ive got trapped nerves in my neck that seem to have caused back and shoulder problems in the past when i thought they were separate injuries. Its seems to be battling to the bitter end though but ill get there eventually i try not to get down about it and just do what i can around it as theres people much worse off than me It does get annoying as i used to be able to lift alot of weight when i was young. I used to squat 200kg for reps, deadlift 220kg, bench 52kg dumbells for 14 reps, i used to power clean 140kg and then do reps of shoulder press with it and that was all when i was 19-20 years old. None of that is going to happen again maybe its that lot that has made my neck hurt

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the chiropractor today as my neck pain was getting silly, there was alot out of place and he crunched it all back for me so i hope that has sorted it now, at least for a little while anyway. I wont be able to tell properly for a few days though as it usually takes a while to settle down. really looking forward to some weight i havent done any in over a month now! hoping to get big and strong again ready for the nice weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Back at the gym yesterday after about 5 weeks, did chest and back really enjoyed it, good dose of DOMs today Did the Ruhl crossovers like big Rob suggested, very good judging by the pain today! lost about 14lbs lately not sure if im going to try and get it back or just refine what i have, its so hard to maintain a bodyweight 60lbs or so over my standard weight.

training once or twice a week now, not bothering with arms now just chest shoulders and back, going quite well. Slowed my reps down alot which has made me drop the weight down alot also. really concentrating on the contractions.

neck is finally getting better thanks Rob, stopped doing side laterals with 2 hands and just do it one at a time now which seems to pinch my neck/traps less. Off up snowdon tomorrow on a path called "crib goch" its a scary path along a ridge but should be fun fun. Check it out on google

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the big z laterals earlier after reading your post Rob. Thanks, they are good, i always involve my traps too much in laterals but its really good that way. Doesnt seem to affect my neck either......happy days.

Crib goch was f*ckin scary, it was quite windy so not much fun. Not sure if ill do that again its physically quite easy but its mentally hard being literally on the edge of 400ft cliffs, dont know how these proper mountaineers do it! Touching the void is an amazing book if you ever fancy something to read pal

Good stuff, can take a little getting used to.

400ft cliffs, nooooo way would ya get me doing that, if I did id probably need a spare set of draws lol. I check that book out, like that kinda thing, recently watched a good doc again about a cave explorer that got lost for 40+ days back in the early 80s, it was about how is body went into survival mode, absolutely amazing. Think its on youtube, its called the ultimate machine, the brain episode. Theres another story in the same episode of a rock climber who had a 400lb slab of rock land on him and how he pressed it off to survive.

Its one of the best books ive ever read, i couldnt put it down. I love books about climbing and everest and tales of survival, even though im a shitbag myself hahahaha.

I'll check out the doc you mention sounds good Going to try and get to ben nevis in scotland this year at some point, never been up that. Just hate driving far, car seats and me dont get on!

cheers Rob.

You're doing Ben Nevis?? That's awesome man! My dad did it back in his 20s (he's a Scotsman)

I never thought of doing anything like that but I can definitely see the appeal

Anyways, I'm really glad you and rob are still using this forum! Love chatting to you guys

Yo Ross, my mate has been up there he says it not a huge deal but would be cool. I been up most of the mountains around here and love it, theres some pretty cool hikes here in north wales if you or Rob are ever about this way it would be great to show you around. The cafe at the top of snowdon 3000+ ft up is a must if your in wales!

Ive been thinking of selling my motorbike and doing a trek to everest base camp over 12 days, thats 18,000 ft high so would be hard work i think but a good experience, just an idea at the min but i love hiking so would be cool to say ive been there.

Glad your back too pal, it wasnt the same without you!

Sounds the business man, if I ever decide to go to Wales id be up for it. Moure mountain's here arent too bad, its more distance. You should try to get sponsored for Everst, used to work with a guy that 18,000ft base camp, he just got people to sponsor him. Are you watching the new show on about the rescue helicopters at Everest? Havent seen it as yet but looks good.

Deffo let me know if your ever about mate its a great day out on a nice day! ill look into the sponsorship i didnt think of that....... Ive been watching the show its really good, those pilots are unbelievable........ the control they have, well worth a watch!

Oh i forgot i went to the gym today haha, did back and chest with heavy but nice slow machine work really concentrating on the negative, and big z laterals. felt good, not doing any isolation arm work but it doesnt seem to matter so thats good

chest today, training very slowly and with hard contractions. Has almost halved my weights which is good, feels good like your really working the muscle deeply. Its easy to focus the weight on to a particular part of the muscle also, reps are about 4 seconds each way.

• 2 weeks later...

Went down towards you, well a bit anyway.....totnes in devon. Was really good wouldnt mind living there one day! stomach bugs suck, nevermind least its gone now, i hate not being able to go to the gym even though i dont go often hahahaha. HIT Rob has decided to leave the forum mate so its just us two here now, so you better not disappear! Its gone so quiet here now compared to a few years ago

Just seen that rob has left the forum, ah man I can kinda see why it's so dead around here these days

I still stay in touch with chris (esqinci) and Jaime (broccoli n beans) on Instagram, Jaime posts a lot of training vids which is cool.

And I'm friends with Yash (cpt fit) on Facebook he's a bloody aeroplane pilot!!! Haha.

God knows what happened to James (M forklift) he just kinda disappeared one day lol.

Il still keep a log on here for a while at least though mate, I make journals on paper and lose them so I need this haha

Just seen that rob has left the forum, ah man I can kinda see why it's so dead around here these days

I still stay in touch with chris (esqinci) and Jaime (broccoli n beans) on Instagram, Jaime posts a lot of training vids which is cool.

And I'm friends with Yash (cpt fit) on Facebook he's a bloody aeroplane pilot!!! Haha.

God knows what happened to James (M forklift) he just kinda disappeared one day lol.

Il still keep a log on here for a while at least though mate, I make journals on paper and lose them so I need this haha

I know its such a change from before it used to be good fun here, oh well things change i guess! say hello to yash for me please mate he was a cool dude, i know i couldnt beleive it when he told me that he was a pilot, good on him!............I always though MF would be the last to go. Haha fair one, just watch they dont shut the forum and you lose them here aswel