Memoirs of an Imperfect Siren

Happy 2013!

Jumping in here and well update the history details as we go.

I'm on a 4 day split which is supposed to incorporate cardio daily. Thus far my RA will not tolerate any cardio. I have had some issues after lifting, but not nearly enough to be alarmed. A lot of my exercises were changed up due to loss of grip and inability to do a certain motion. My hands/wrists don't tolerate DB well so I work with a lot of machines and have to strap into some of them. That all being said ... I AM lifting and I AM working all I need to work. So I'm happy with that.

The following reflects the routine he gave me, I have already modified some of it and am working on the remaining.

Wed:

Machine Incline Press 4 sets of 15/12/10/8

Cable Crossover 4 sets of 20/15/15/15 (did well, but may change to machine flies)

Machine Press 4 sets of 15

Arnold Press 4 sets of 10 (any ideas here?) Due to the wrists, I will never be able to go heavy here

Side Lateral Raises 4 sets 20/15/12/10

Hammer Shoulder Press 4 sets 20/15/12/10

Machine Lat Raises 4 sets of 15

Crunch 3 sets of 25

Lower Leg Raises 3 sets of 25

Ab Machine Crunch 3 sets of 25

Oblique Crunches 3 sets of 25

Thurs:

Superset

Leg Press 4 sets of 15

Hack Squat 4 sets of 15

Superset

Smith Squat 4 sets of 15

Leg Ext 4 sets of 15

Triset

Wide Stance Leg Press 3 sets of 20

Leg Curls 3 sets of 20

St Leg DL 3 sets of 20

Supposed to follow with Plyo Close Jump Squats and Single Leg Butt Squat with the RA, this isn't going to happen ideas?

Friday:

Close Grip Lat Pulldown 4 sets of 15

Wide Grip lat pulldown 4 sets of 15

Hammer Row 4 sets of 15

Weighted Machine Hyper Ext 4 sets of 15

Upright row 4 sets of 20 - I used the barbell on this and it killed my wrists, ideas?

Rear Lat Raises 4 sets of 20

Weighted Side Bends 3 sets of 20

Weighted Machine Crunch 3 sets of 20

Reverse Crunch 3 sets of 20

Tomorrow is Bis & Tris and Plyo moves. I am perplexed on this one and my dude is out of town for the weekend. I am unable to do curls, BB, DB, and Cable nor the Tri ext or the OH ext and especially the dips. My wrists will not support these exercises. So I'm open to ideas here as well. I'm thinking machines for tris and I'm not sure on bis. The plyo moves are abs and butt. I can't do side lunges nor jump squats. I'll have to figure out alternatives.

Edited by SeaSiren

I'm excited that you are keeping a journal. I have a friend with RA that I have been trying to convince to go on a plant based diet for a long time.

Happy 2013 to you as well!

-Dylan

Thank you for stopping in

No training today. Major flare so here we go again. Would love to sleep but the pain is too bad and the pain killers don't begin to touch it. I would love to know if it's just a flare (for no reason) or the training triggered it. The joints that were agrivated in training are in intense pain now. I'll keep you posted.

• 1 month later...