xChrisZx - 2013 Year Of the Tri

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xChrisZx
Manatee

xChrisZx - 2013 Year Of the Tri

#1 Postby xChrisZx » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Alright... I am starting a new log here. This week I started my 12 week Sprint Triathlon training program.

I have to adjust the schedule in the book because the only days I have access to a pool are Monday and Wednesday nights. But this is what my week looked like so far.

Sunday (run) - 25 minute run. Moderate pace. Did 2.1 miles. Weather was decent so I was able to get outside.

Monday (swim) - After a couple of laps I realized that swimming is for sure my weakest of the 3. So instead of following the routine for the day I would do 2-4 laps, take a break, and then repeat. I really really need to work on this.

Tuesday (bike) - 45 minutes on the trainer at a moderate pace. I usually go balls out for an hour but I am trying to do things right and follow the plan. So instead I did an easy ride. 13 miles in 45 minutes with an average speed of 17.3.

Wednesday (swim) - Showed up to find out that the local open swim had been cancelled. To say I was bummed would be an understatement.

Thursday (today) (run) - Same workout as Sunday. I really don't like running on a treadmill but today was just to goddamn cold to run outside (even with my cold gear). Put in another 25 minutes with a distance of 2.1 miles. Not breaking any speed records but just trying to follow the plan.

xChrisZx
Manatee

Re: xChrisZx - 2013 Year Of the Tri

#2 Postby xChrisZx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Friday (bike) - 45 minute spin. 13 miles.

Saturday (today) - Off day

vegantri
Rabbit

#3 Postby vegantri » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 pm

What race are you training for?

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm

What is a sprint triathlon? Short distance and faster paced race? What are the parameters?

xChrisZx
Manatee

#5 Postby xChrisZx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

vegantri wrote:What race are you training for?

Well I might have to work on the day of the sprint tri so I said screw it and am now training for an Olympic distance.
http://leonstriathlon.com/

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”