Max OT Training Log.

I'm going to be logging my progress as I do the Max-OT training method.

I've done this method before and it was one of things that made me gain a lot of muscle in a really short period of time.

I'm trying to see how fast I grow and how fast my strength increases on this program since I've been using a mixed training style lately.

Mostly 7-12 rep range with heavier weight than i've ever used in my life.

So it should be interesting to see how i progress with the intense 4-6 rep range of failure.

This is my first week of training this way and I can tell you the pump and muscle soreness is ridiculous.

Tomorrow is leg day and I will log it, and I'll post progress pictures at the end of each week of the program, and tomorrow is the end of the first week.

That's all for now, wish me luck.

I'm planning on competing in the Naturally Fit Super Show down in Austin.

The event is on my birthday July 26th which is super exciting.

I'll be turning 19 the day of the show which means i'll still have to compete in the teenage division.

I'd really like to compete against the big boys so I could have a shot at a pro card.

But I can wait, it will still be fun.

So this journal will be my journey towards that show as well.

An update is coming tonight along with pictures.

Here is My Max OT leg workout from today. All weights are in lbs.

Raw Deadlifts(no chalk, no shoes, no straps or gloves): Warmup- 230X4; Working Sets- 320X2, 320X2, 290X4

Old School Leg Press: 570X4, 600 X4, 600X4

Leg Extension: Warmup-80X6 Working Sets- 140X6, 160X6, 220X6

Simple, Heavy, and to the point.

It's also an extremely destructive workout.

Going to update with some pictures within the next two hours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! Sorry I havent updated in a while, Between cooking, eating, training, and working I havent had much time for writing. Ive got some new progress pictures to throw up here and when I get lean enough im probably going to be making a profile on the site, so im excited for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive stopped focusing on strictly Max OT style workouts. I made some solid gains from it, especially in my upper body. I have hopes of competing in september, that is if I can make it work financially. I sure hope so! So I've started a particularly strict cut because I wanna get my profile up on the site and if I can do that show I really want to be prepared. Ill be logging my latest workouts soon, as they are a bit different.

• 11 months later...