Phillipes new training diary

I have come to the conclusion, by way of clothing not fitting, that i have gained a lot of weight. Not the bulky weight of weight lifting but the gnarled gristle of too much vegan pizza and beer. Towards this end I thought I would create this journal to track my 30 days of exercise before my 32nd birthday.

I told myself that i wanted to be active for 5 out of 7 days a week. This will be with 45 minutes - 1 hour of cardio and on days I am not doing that, by rock climbing.

After this goal is completed i will re-assess my goals and most likely add bodybuilding back into my repertoire.

Current weight 183lbs.

Fighting weight usually around 165-173 lbs.

Ill add measurements tomorrow after i buy a tape measure.

• 1 month later...

Hey Dylan,

Sorry I didnt see this until now, I have been away for the holidays. I go to planet fitness on Myrtle-Wycoff I have a blackcard membership though which allows me to bring a guest anytime I go. I made myself a promise that I wouldnt eat out or drink for the next month to kickstart my fitness routine. What kind of workouts do you enjoy doing?

Journal Update: Welp....I think i workouts for 4 days of the 30 days I had intended. Which is an uptick from the previous month. I have taken the time to look at some workout plans that incorporate weights for a full body work out a few times a week. I want to incorporate this into my climbing schedule. I plan on being in a competition in Cleveland in August in the intermediate climbing range and want to be in the best shape I can be. So hopefully as of next week Ill be on track to do just that.

Nice actually some of my friends work out at that same planet fitness that you do. I just moved in with my gf in the city so I joined balleys because its close and has a pool and hot tub.

My reg schedule is 2 days of upper body lifting a week, 1 day of legs, and try to incorporate some weightless exercise at home. I also play in a social soccer league once a week. I've been getting in more legs than normal recently trying to prep for snowboard season but so far I haven't even been up, I was even in the westcoast and didn't ride because they hadn't gotten much snow their either.

Do you climb at brooklyn boulders?