LiL' VeganMonstar

New name, and a new routine. I am now eating every 2-3 hours, with a protein source for each meal. When I wake up, it is a protein powder shake with a banana/powergreens/rice milk, and then alternates with brown rice, raw veggies, and a gardein product (1/2 a bag for one meal). I am working out at 10 AM and again at 4 PM. So far no cardio, but am incorporating supersets in my weightlifting routine to make it more cardio like, and I have so far supersetted heavy heavy weights with another exercise that has high reps and low weights. I am making it a priority to stay under an hour for each session at the gym - hopefully that will keep my fatigue to a minimum, and energy up - plus the eating every 2-3 hours to keep nutrients circulating in my blood stream. I am doing all of this as I have been burnt out the past couple of days, and have felt really sluggish and strangely fatigued in the body even though my mind is like "let's go!". Today was the first day of trying this new routine and it is now night time, and my morning workout session of Legs has them sore from doing light weights for high reps, and my evening session workout of shoulders has them not sore . . . yet?.

Tomorrow morning, I will decide to go to the gym to workout my muscles (Chest and Triceps) or perhaps incorporate a cardio day - biking, as my legs will still be in recovery mode probably.

I suffer a lot from fatigue, too. There are days when my body just says no. Your new eating plans sound like a good idea to keep energy levels up through the day. That's something I might have to try myself, since I've hit a real plateau in seeing results.

I keep myself very flexible with what I aim to do exercise-wise for the next day, so I can work with unexpected fatigue (mental or physical!). On days where my body says no to cardio, that's when I'll get into a good weight training session. My heart rate stays low, so my body protests less. On days when I wake up full of energy I tell myself to take advantage of that and get in a long cardio/HIIt session of some kind.

Good luck with your new routine!

I call it "Intuitive Training" when you just listen to what your body wants to do and you do it. But I will say that there are times when I have to coax my body into doing something it does not want to do at the beginning, but ends up wanting to do it after awhile. And if it still doesn't want to do it after the coaxing, then I listen and do something different.

I am now on day 3. On the agenda is Back for the morning session, and Biceps for the evening session. I felt sluggish this morning, but that is slowly going away now that I have gone out to the garden, weeded my kale row, picked a bunch of baby kale leaves, and made my morning smoothie which I have just finished. So now onto the 9 AM meal, and then off to do Back at 10 AM at the gym. So if I can do today's workouts, then that will have been 3 workout days in a row. I am going to take tomorrow off then, and will go with friends to the Ann Arbor Art Fair, which I have wanted to go to, but never got around to it - even though I live in Michigan! It is still an hour+ drive away. I have a passion to see artisans and their work.

The Ann Arbor Art Fair 2014 was great. I had a fun time seeing all the original art work - my favorite was the statues made with metal junk pieces that were welded together into shapes that were clearly recognizable (a bull was the most impressive one to me). I ended up eating at an Ethiopian restaurant (The Blue Nile) and enjoyed the Vegetarian Plate, though it is not my first time at Ethiopian food, and Altus in East Lansing has spoiled me with its intense spices and is still my favorite for Ethiopian food. I also had a decadent brownie (cookie dough chocolate chip brownie) at The Lunch Room, along with a maple glazed chocolate cake doughnut (so much for my diet!) that was timed beautifully as I watched the chef put on the chocolate drizzle over the top of them in the back, and he brought them out just as I ordered the doughnut and said I will take one of those brownies too! Then to go over the top for the day in eating, I went and ordered Pad Tani from the Thai Fresh restaurant in Novi for my dinner.

It is now the next day, and I am back on my usual eating regime and workout. Delts this morning are done, and Legs tonight. I spent too much time talking in the gym this morning to make it to prejudging and I won't have the energy tonight to go the Michigan Natural BB show tonight, SO. . . I will go online and find out what I need to know. I might just use the money I saved by not going to order a DVD of the show. That way I can study my competition, and figure out what these judges were looking for in the categories.

Awesome as in very tiring, but seeing some results after just one cycle. I have definitely pushed my body in a different direction than what it is use to.

n

I went biking (22 mile usual trail loop) on my day off yesterday. And I couldn't help it, I went and did a 5 mile jog this morning - it was a cool morning and the wind was blowing away most of the bugs (3 deer fly bites - got my head and hand during a lull in the wind!). Delts for the morning session this time, and Legs will be in the evening session.

Did not get a massage on my day off this time, but will get one on my next day off - Saturday. Just thinking about ordering some oils to put on my skin. I went with just grapeseed oil last time. Maybe I will use that as my base carrier oil, and add pomegranate seed oil, carrot seed oil, and sea buckthorn oil (though this stuff is golden color and stains the skin for a couple of days - kind of a tan look though - but it doesn't come out of the clothes). All known to have anti-oxidant/anti-aging properties.