Fire Academy prep and food log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Eiji
Manatee

Re: Fire Academy prep and food log

#91 Postby Eiji » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:06 pm

kathymtns wrote:I feel in better shape now than I did in my 20's...

Haha, yeah! You're a beast trapped in the body of a goddess!
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

kathymtns
Manatee

#92 Postby kathymtns » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Too funny! All too true.

Eiji
Manatee

#93 Postby Eiji » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 pm

11/02/15

Training:
3 mile trail run with 900' elevation in 32:22. An improvement of 12 seconds. Still felt super slow going up. I think I need to do some interval training.

I'm a bit tired today but may still do an afternoon session. I'll keep you posted.

Well I got my afternoon session in while dinner was roasting in the oven.

Pull-ups x 14,14,14 (felt good here, good progress)
Pikes ring push-ups one leg extended x 8,8,8

Chin-ups (wow, those 3 sets of pull-ups really cut into my strength here)
+75lbs x 4
+60lbs x 4
+50lbs x 6

Piked ring push-ups x 9,8,9

Hanging leg raise toes to bar X 12,11,8 (I've been neglecting these. Best ab movement out there. These will make your abs pop like nothing else.)
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

Eiji
Manatee

#94 Postby Eiji » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:50 pm

11/03/15

5 mile trail run with 1250' elevation in 51:55! Very nice improvement here of 1:13. 8) Hill intervals next time.

Eiji
Manatee

#95 Postby Eiji » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:18 pm

11/04/15
A little sore in the upper body today and not 100% motivated but I don't view those as indications of recovery so I went ahead and proceeded as planned.

Training:
Archer Dips x 5,5,5,5,4 both sides +4 reps
Ring rows x 12,13,14,15,13

Ring curls 2 x 12

Hanging leg raise toes to bar x 12,12,10 +4reps

+=improvement

jmf
Rabbit

#96 Postby jmf » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Eiji wrote:...

well said!

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#97 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Such statements make me wonder how Dorian Yates won 6 Mr O titles, given that he spent no more than 3 hours a week in the gym, were as, his competition (who didn't train as intense as Dorian) were spending up to several times longer in the gym. It also makes me wonder how Mike Mentzer won the 1978 IFBB Mr U with the only perfect 300 point score in BB history, training a mere 90 minutes per week, were as some of his fellow competitors were training 24 hours a week for that same contest, but again, they were training no were near as intense as Mike.

Yes, get in that gym and train, dig that hole into your limited reserve of resources deeper. Me, ill be at home compensating (recovering) and over-compensating (growing) from a very brief but brutally intense workout (given that intensity and volume coexist on an inverse ratio). Hey, I don't make the rules, the laws of nature dictate them:)
Last edited by HIT Rob on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eiji
Manatee

#98 Postby Eiji » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:35 pm

HIT Rob wrote:Should statements make me wonder how Dorian Yates won 6 Mr O titles, given that he spent no more than 3 hours a week in the gym, were as, his competition (who didn't train as intense as Dorian) were spending up to several times longer in the gym. It also makes me wonder how Mike Mentzer won the 1978 IFBB Mr U with the only perfect 300 point score in BB history, training a mere 90 minutes per week, were as some of his fellow competitors were training 24 hours a week for that same contest, but again, they were training no were near as intense as Mike.

Yes, get in that gym and train, dig that hole into your limited reserve of resources deeper. Me, ill be at home compensating (recovering) and over-compensating (growing) from a very brief but brutally intense workout (given that intensity and volume coexist on an inverse ratio).

You're so full of ____
Dorian Yates, Mike Mentzer are your heroes. 2 athletes out of how many? Says so much about HIT, doesn't it. Also both of them were juiced up beyond f u c k i n g belief. You know that steroids extend muscle protein synthesis out beyond 96 hrs post workout and natty athletes only get 24-48hrs so we need more frequency. Keep your BS HIT to your own log and keep wearing that ass groove deeper and deeper into your couch.

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#99 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Your a complete ignoramus! Not to mention a legend in your own mind.

Did you read the forum rules with regards to training logs "hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions and BE OPEN TO FEEDBACK".

Yes, Dorian and Mike took steroids, but so did their competitors, it was an even playing field.

Do you think Dorian and Mike the only successful Hitters in bodybuilding lol, many of whom are "natty"
Last edited by HIT Rob on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eiji
Manatee

#100 Postby Eiji » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Here's the other thing. I'm not a bodybuilder so I could care less about how Yates or Mentzer trained. I trained like Mentzer as a teenager and I got big and strong for one set but had zero muscular endurance. That's what HIT does and that's why real athletes that compete in a sporting event train for strength and muscular and cardiovascular endurance!

Olympic weightlifters train daily and get huge
Gymnasts train daily and get huge. They look better than natty bodybuilders IMO.
Fighters train daily
Runners train daily
All athletes train daily

As a firefighter it doesn't matter how strong I look if I crap out after 30 min. I need strength, stamina, endurance.

Eiji
Manatee

#101 Postby Eiji » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:55 pm

No one ever mentions anyone but Yates or Mentzer. It's sad really.

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#102 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:32 pm

Your missing the point as to why I brought Yates and Mentzer up....

With regard to cardio improvements, the research that showed the best improvements in cardiovascular efficiency came at the west point military academy, goggle it, it was set up by Arthur Jones, who had the participants preform high intensity circuit training. One set to failure per movement, he concluded that 6 weeks of proper strength training was more beneficial for improving cardiovascular efficiency than years of steady state activities such as jogging.

Olympic weight lifters, gymnasts and fighters are also looking to develop skill, moreover many of their careers are short lived due to injury from over usage. In fact one of the worlds leading orthopaedic surgeons spoke out about this recently, asking the trainers of young athletes to reduce the volume of the training, as someone who works in a hospital as know were his coming from.

Eiji
Manatee

#103 Postby Eiji » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Yates didn't even train HIT

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/hit-or-myth-the-truths-and-fallacies-of-high-intensity

Right so train to one set failure and be able to run up 15 flights of stairs in full gear. I don't think so. That study is bullshit otherwise endurance athletes would train with HIT. The only thing HIT has going for it are a few non repeatable BS studies and nothing else to show for it.

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#104 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Eiji wrote:No one ever mentions anyone but Yates or Mentzer. It's sad really.

Check out Josh Trentine or John Heart, both are natural Mr Amercia winners, Ian Duckett is a several time natural world BB champion, Markus Reinhardt, Ray Mentzer, Aron Baker, David Dearth, David Paul, boyer Coe have had tremendous success using HIT. I could add many more to that list, also there is thousands upon thousands of individuals and clients of the likes of Dr Darden, Brain Johnston, Drew Baye, John Little, Doug McGuff who've had great success using HIT.

Eiji
Manatee

#105 Postby Eiji » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:57 pm

You just named like .01% of bodybuilders. Name one successful "athlete" that trained with HIT. bodybuilders aren't athletes. It's no more a sport than sculpting is a sport. It's more an art than a sport.

Oh and go out and run a timed 3 mile run and then tell me how HIT has improved your cardiovascular endurance.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”