Celtic Bat-Blog

Hi, I'm a 46 year old from the North of England who's been infrequent on/off weight training for years with no real gains to speak of. I was vegetarian for years but kept lapsing back to fish eating and/or meat eating..... But more recently committed to a total vegan diet. It's day 75 today for me of vegan diet & that bit's going well. My wife's been awesomely supportive, and I know I'd really struggle to get the right food in my body without her help.

Not been getting to the gym enough recently, but I made it back today!

Did back, lats, & triceps, with some cardio to finish.

Just got home & demolished a protein smoothie: Coconut milk, hemp protein, mango, raspberries, banana. Delicious...

(above was cut & pasted from intro board)

I thought the blog/journal section might be a better place here to post after I make it to the gym.

Need to build some momentum...

Cardio today on rowing machine then cross trainer as warm up, then:

Chest press inclines 4 sets, then chest press 4 sets,

Then triceps extensions 4 sets, then overheads 4 sets, then 3 sets triceps dips, then 1 set chest crossovers & I was done.

I wanted out.

I demolished a bag of spinach. Cos I'm strongs to da finnach.

& tonight celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary for a meal in a nearby restaurant with my wife & daughter. Not a vegan restaurant, but the staff were really great & I had a very garlicky bruschetta then a spicy tomato egg free pasta, then a black coffee while they had dessert. No probs.

Much preferring vegan restaurants though, for the choice & ethics. Last weekend i was in Edinburgh on a course & ate at a really awesome vegan restaurant where I had vegan haggis. Delish