Bunnylalu 2007 spring contest log

We found a cute place to rent - with a nice big insulated garage where I can set up my body building equipment - July 1st we move in. Hooray!!

6/7: 60 min dog walk

6/8: 75 min dog walk

Oh - got my results back on the kidney stone - eating too much high oxalitic acid content foods like: spinach, nuts, soy, chocolate. Apparently the oxalate binds with calcium and forms crystals that build up into stones. An internet search showed I could take calcium supplements at the same time I eat to avoid too much natural calcium depletion. Curious...

Also, have to stop using bleach as a cleaning product since the fumes act as a chemical binding agent for the calcium & oxalate. No loss there - I've been wanting to change my cleaning ingredients to be more green anyway.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this contest - but did not achieve what I originally wanted. I sent Lelle a photo of me at the Grand Canyon instead of "after" shots because I gained 18 lbs instead of losing weight. I do have better muscle tone, and I am grateful to have participated in the Spring Contest because I exercised much more than I would have while going through the stress of moving (thank goddess we finally moved to a rental home on July 1)!! Thanks to everyone for your support during this spring contest!!!

On July 14 I am starting THE THRIVE DIET and a new set of workout goals that I will post on a new thread in the on-line training journal. I'm determined to look "Fabulous at Fifty" and since I turn 48 on July 5 - then I have 2 years to get in shape.[/img]

Good luck on the thrive diet.

I read Brendan's first book, Thrive, is this book the same with added recipes? If it is different, I will get this book too.

It is different in the sense that there is a lot more information. Plus, there are around 100 recipes, a 12-week diet plan all layed out for you, and resourses to get stuff you might not be able to get at your local health food store.