Loveliberate's Blogthang

Awesome! Please keep me posted on Gathering info. I'm pretty much out of the loop but would love to go next year - Wyoming seems a lot more doable for us than Texass was.

Looks like a regional heading your way next week...

Howdy Folks,

Welcome Home to the Oregon gathering in the Ochoco National Forest from September 11, 2007 until September 23, 2007. Seed camp begins September 6, 2007.

For more information, contact:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mountainspirit

or call 240-863-6250 or email [email protected].

Where the Ochoco Gathering in Oregon will Be.

The 2007 Rainbow Gathering is in Ochoco National Forest at a place called Indian Prarie in central Oregon. (between Prineville and Mitchell)

From Prineville:

Take hwy 26 east towards Mitchell. Make a right turn onto hwy 23,(this road is not marked, but is the next two lane paved road after the reservoir, a few miles out of town, to the right) which later turns into hwy 22 and continues to Walton Lake. Soon after the lake, turn left onto FS 150, a dirt road. Go a little ways till 150 ends in a T. Go right onto FS 2630, and continue to the parking lot and Bus Village.

From Mitchell:

Take hwy 26 west towards Prineville. A little ways past the Bandit Springs rest area, go left onto FS 2630. This later becomes FS 2210, and 2630 becomes a less maintained road. Follow FS 2210 to hwy 22. Turn left onto hwy 22 and follow past Walton Lake. Soon after the lake, turn left onto FS 150, a dirt road. Go a little ways till 150 ends in a T. Go right onto FS 2630, and continue to the parking lot and Bus Village.

More map details

This is right near the Bridge Creek Wilderness area, and north of the Big Summit Prarie. I can see several springs on the map. Sortof behind the site is the Mt. Pisgah Lookout. It looks to be no more than 6000-6500 feet in altitude.